Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2007, 12:11 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
I am fighting as hard as I can......

LBA will have to wait a little longer......

I am trying my best to take my time and put together a nice little kit. But everytime I look at the lenses I want, I immediately think of my credit card.

The Lenses I would like to have are the Sigma 17 - 70 f2.8 - 4.5 macro lens, and either the Sigma 70 - 200 2.8, or the 135 - 400 4.5 - 5.6. But even used, these lenses are out of my price range.

SO.... to curb the urges, I have purchased a few other items:

- A Stofen diffuser for my 360 flash
- the electronic shutter release cable
- a 2 gb Kingston 120x memory card
- and sigh, just for kicks a raynox macro lens (it was cheap, and I just wanted to see how it would work). I know its a lens, but I don't think it would qualify as LBA.

I think my next purchase may just be the Phoenix 100 f3.5 macro, again a short tele, with good macro.

But, I know that LBA will catch me soon, just not too soon I hope

03-14-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I have the same problem as you. I'm fighting awful had for I also want the Sigma 18-70. I sit here and come so close to ordering it but can't pull the trigger. I'm trying to get use on The Pentax 18-50 that came with it. I bought a Tammron telaconvertor 1.4 and the will have to due for now. I have gotten a camera bag but I hate to haul it around with me and if I get more lens's then I have to.
03-14-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dudlew Quote
LBA will have to wait a little longer......

I am trying my best to take my time and put together a nice little kit. But everytime I look at the lenses I want, I immediately think of my credit card.

The Lenses I would like to have are the Sigma 17 - 70 f2.8 - 4.5 macro lens, and either the Sigma 70 - 200 2.8, or the 135 - 400 4.5 - 5.6. But even used, these lenses are out of my price range.

SO.... to curb the urges, I have purchased a few other items:

- A Stofen diffuser for my 360 flash
- the electronic shutter release cable
- a 2 gb Kingston 120x memory card
- and sigh, just for kicks a raynox macro lens (it was cheap, and I just wanted to see how it would work). I know its a lens, but I don't think it would qualify as LBA.

I think my next purchase may just be the Phoenix 100 f3.5 macro, again a short tele, with good macro.

But, I know that LBA will catch me soon, just not too soon I hope
G'day Dudlew,
Sorry mate....LBA waits for no man or woman. It shows no mercy, no discrimination, no preference

When LBA is ready for you...it will take you. without warning, without notice....you have no say in the matter. :ugh:

Remember these words when you are standing outside the camera shop one day with the 17-70 in your hand......and your wife walking towards you with a puzzled (yet knowing) look on her face.
03-14-2007, 03:50 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GWP Quote
G'day Dudlew,
Sorry mate....LBA waits for no man or woman. It shows no mercy, no discrimination, no preference

When LBA is ready for you...it will take you. without warning, without notice....you have no say in the matter. :ugh:

Remember these words when you are standing outside the camera shop one day with the 17-70 in your hand......and your wife walking towards you with a puzzled (yet knowing) look on her face.
Thats the great thing with where I live. I dont have that temptation. I have to buy online or nowhereelse.

D

03-14-2007, 03:55 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hmcfly Quote
I have the same problem as you. I'm fighting awful had for I also want the Sigma 18-70. I sit here and come so close to ordering it but can't pull the trigger. I'm trying to get use on The Pentax 18-50 that came with it. I bought a Tammron telaconvertor 1.4 and the will have to due for now. I have gotten a camera bag but I hate to haul it around with me and if I get more lens's then I have to.
I hear you HMC

I already have a bag, but need a bigger one if I get lenses.
03-14-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I'm about to pull the trigger on a couple used 28mm lenses. One for me and one as a thank you gift for my buddy who loaned me his K1000, K55/2 and Gemini 135/2.8 Macro a while back.

I have cash for the first one, have to pull the credit for the other. DOH!
03-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Hehe I just got Jonas' A50 1.2 in time for my travel...

Not sure what I will buy again after travelling to Taiwan.