Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 35 Likes Search this Thread
06-10-2022, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #31
Closed Account

Original Poster
Enjoy reading all of these!
Thought I'd add some childhood toys:

Hot Wheels & Matchbox cars of course!
Star Wars action figures - have still thought about buying some more off of the auction site!
Tonka Toys/trucks
Mattel Electronics hand held basketball, hockey, and football games
Atari 2600 replaced later by Intellivision

Oh, and for any nostalgic 8 bit computer users that liked the computer magazine called "Compute!", here are the magazines in pdf form - quite a find!
Compute! Magazine Archive : Free Texts : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

06-11-2022, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobD Quote
For my 12th birthday a set of Marples carving chisels....50 years on still use them.
Things were built to last....fathers chose great gifts.
The Marples history is extensive. The top chisel is from the 1930s - the stamp just says Sheffield. The 1938 catalog calls these "Extra Strong". I don't think I'm going to wear them out.

06-11-2022, 01:51 PM - 2 Likes   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We used to like playing with Duncan Spinning Tops back in the 1960's. You could do really neat tricks with them. (A least some people could )

They were still made of wood, as plastics were not as dominant yet.

Phil.
Attached Images

06-12-2022, 09:20 AM - 1 Like   #34
Closed Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I had a nok hockey game as well.

My friends family had the way-cooler Bobby Hull Hockey Game where the players were controlled by rods.

In college like many of my dormmates I got pretty good at foosball aka table soccer...

Chris
Quite interesting and a coincidence, my college dormitory had a recreation room that had a foosball table game. I got pretty good at it!

---------- Post added 06-12-22 at 09:29 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
We used to like playing with Duncan Spinning Tops back in the 1960's. You could do really neat tricks with them. (A least some people could )

They were still made of wood, as plastics were not as dominant yet.

Phil.
Kewl, just watched these 11 "tricks" to do with one: