Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
06-21-2022, 08:21 AM - 1 Like   #1
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fútbol aka Soccer is heading to Kansas City Mo - 2026 World Cup

Fútbol is heading to Kansas City Mo 2026 World Cup
QuoteQuote:
Kansas City has officially won its bid to be one of the North American host cities for the 2026 World Cup. Matches will be played at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium.

Kansas City was named one of the 17 finalist locations across the United States back in May. FIFA announced several U.S. markets as host cities on Thursday, June 16. . . .
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/2026-world-cup-coming-chiefs-213543081.html

QuoteQuote:
New York (AFP) – FIFA President Gianni Infantino warned Canada, Mexico and the United States to prepare for a football “invasion” on Thursday as the host cities for the 2026 World Cup were revealed.

The first ever World Cup co-hosted by three different countries will also see a record number of teams taking part, increasing by 16 from 32 to 48 as the tournament returns to North America for the first time since the 1994 finals. . . .

A total of 60 of the 80 games in the tournament — including all knockout games from the quarter-finals onwards — will take place at US venues. . . .
https://worldsoccertalk.com/2022/06/16/fifa-vows-invasion-as-2026-world-cup-venues-revealed/

no details yet, and I doubt the ability to actually photograph the actual matches at the Stadium

but perhaps at the " training sites " which will be set up for the various qualifying teams selected to play in KC might be assessable to take photos

Last edited by aslyfox; 06-21-2022 at 08:26 AM.
06-21-2022, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll!

I look forward to it!
06-24-2022, 04:33 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm quite bitter that the DC-Baltimore area isn't getting any games. I suppose I'll have to plan ahead and make a trip elsewhere in four years.

The DC-Baltimore metro area has the highest EPL TV ratings in the country, has a massive youth soccer presence (just the travel league my kids play in has close to 1000 teams), has a 26-year history with DC United, huge numbers of international residents who've grown up playing/watching soccer above all other sports, and has a number of counties around the area that are among the wealthiest in the country. But looks like all that couldn't overcome Dan Snyder's chaotic evil approach to sports management, the fact that FedEx Field is so bad they had to combine bids with Baltimore and M&T Bank Stadium, and Audi Field (DC United's home) only seats 22k. So we end up with the nation's capital left out of the world's biggest sporting event.
06-24-2022, 04:51 AM   #4
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
@ThorSanchez

looks like that's the way the ball bounces

sorry about that

06-24-2022, 08:37 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
early days but

QuoteQuote:
Gov. Mike Parson on Thursday signed a bill exempting World Cup tickets sold in Missouri from sales tax – part of a successful effort to draw matches to Kansas City. The 2026 World Cup will be held in North America, with some matches at Arrowhead Stadium. Lawmakers had pitched the tax exemption as necessary to allow Missouri to compete with other potential sites across the country. Tickets are expected to run in the $300 range. ,. . .
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/politics-government/article262822978.html#storylink=cpy

QuoteQuote:
ARE TICKETS AVAILABLE FOR KANSAS CITY? Not yet and they probably won’t be for another few years. FIFA’s website states “Information regarding ticketing for the FIFA World Cup 2026 will be available in due course.” They still have to get through the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, which takes place in the fall. You have plenty of time to save up, as tickets for the games in 2026 are expected to be in the $300 range.

WHERE CAN I WATCH THE GAME IF I CAN’T BUY TICKETS? There will be watch parties at the KC Live! Block in the Power & Light District. The downtown spot will most likely be the central hub for watch parties, as it has been in the past. . . .
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article262630952.html#storylink=cpy
06-24-2022, 08:50 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Baltimore does have a couple stadiums that would be great to host this... interesting thinking that it'll be in KC in four years. Wonder which I'll be living closer to at that time!
06-24-2022, 09:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
$300 . There are tickets in Qatar for $11.

06-24-2022, 09:33 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slartibartfast01 Quote
$300 . There are tickets in Qatar for $11.
$11 for the ticket, $1500 for flights!