Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2022, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Thanks for the update Steve. I'm glad to have known you.

06-25-2022, 09:43 AM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Steve that is awful news n saddening to say the least..........

much love my friend and THANK YOU!!! for all you have contributed to this forum and me personally!! yer knowledge n ability to share is profound and greatly appreciated

thank you again, Aaron
06-25-2022, 01:03 PM - 2 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I didn't haven the chance to interact with you before, but reading the comments you are a good chap and will be missed. I'll pray for you and your family. Blessings from above.
06-25-2022, 01:36 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
In regards to my previous post some months agp regarding terminal illness(LINK), it seemed that an update is in order. I was informed this week that my efforts to secure a lung transplant have failed (too debilitated too survive the procedure). I response, I have shifted my focus to palliative care and (eventually) hospice with an emphasis to leave as many traces of myself as I can before bidding this world one last smile of farewell.

As for Pentax Forums, those traces will likely run like this:
  • Legacy Flash Review for the Vivitar 3500 (was posted as a stub, but apparently removed by the mods.) There will also be a full article in the lighting subforum.
  • My notes (full forum article) and camera review of the Pentax *ist D.
  • Gear...yes, that reads GEAR,
    I am instructing the executor of my estate to limit offers of my stuff to the market place on this site. Many things will be offered free for cost of shipping. In addition, I also intend to gift several items, some quite desirable, to Pentax Forum for use as contest prizes and other site promotion feature. I have yet to spring this plan on them. I am sure they will be thrilled.

Y'all here at PF are an amazing bunch and have been so good to me. My daughter will post a final fair-well after my demise.
There's not enough of the right words to express right now. I'm so sorry.

06-25-2022, 01:45 PM - 7 Likes   #20
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I share the feelings that others have expressed. Thank you Steve for all you have contributed to this community. These last contributions typify your generosity.

Can I just add a word of admiration for your fortitude through this terrible ordeal? Many of us would hope that when our time comes, we will have the same courage and grace and heart you have shown.
06-25-2022, 01:49 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
No words so I won't even make an attempt. Farewell and may your legacy last.
06-25-2022, 01:55 PM - 5 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It’s difficult to find words that can add much the expressions of sadness and regret that you’re leaving us, Steve, but for what it may be worth, in my view as a fellow long-term member of this forum you’ve been a model of helpfulness and courtesy in your contributions, and now courage. I believe it’s fair to say that you depart with the good favour of all here, and I wish you the best that can be for your remaining time.

06-25-2022, 02:05 PM - 2 Likes   #23
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Alas, many good things come to an end.
Very few times in my life, has the "Old Kerrowdown" been at a loss for words... but your latest news has left me utterly gobsmacked.

May both now and your time going forward, be of filled with the important things in life... that's IMHO time shared and spent with your family and loved ones.

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 06-25-2022 at 04:07 PM.
06-25-2022, 02:29 PM - 4 Likes   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How incredibly sad. I have benefited enormously from your knowledge since starting with the brand and the forum and i am enormously grateful. You are a most excellent fellow and will be remembered as such. I really admire your bravery and sense of great calm. You really are a top bloke
06-25-2022, 10:39 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you for sharing with us, and for all your contributions here. Peace be with you.
06-26-2022, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Steve.

Chris
06-26-2022, 05:18 AM - 2 Likes   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am sorry to hear this news, but thank you for providing an update.

I admire the attitude you are taking towards your circumstances, and I applaud your plan.

I do keep you and your family in my prayers.
06-26-2022, 10:10 AM - 2 Likes   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sad news Steve.Hopes and prayers for you and your family.Thanks for all your informative and helpful posts.
I've gained so much knowledge because of them.
06-26-2022, 12:57 PM - 2 Likes   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for all you've done for this community.

06-26-2022, 05:55 PM - 1 Like   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So very sorry to hear this Steve. It's hard to know what to say -- I wish you peace and happiness in the days to come. I've greatly appreciated your generosity of spirit and knowledge and like all here will greatly miss hearing from you in the years to come. Keeping you and your family in thoughts and prayers.