Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2022, 06:17 PM - 2 Likes   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So long Steve, everything I can think of has already been posted by others (and far more eloquently than I can), but I do wish you as much peace and relief from suffering as possible for your remaining time on this side of the veil. Prayers as well for your family. God bless you!

06-26-2022, 08:09 PM   #32

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
I’m so sorry Steve. Although I paths haven’t crossed formally I have read many of your contributions and you insight will be sorely missed. I wish you all the best and hope that you are kept comfortable as possible. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stevi
06-26-2022, 10:26 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

One thing that you won't lose Steve, is the appreciation of those who have interacted with you. I always look up to to your technical expertise. Strength to you and your loved ones in this sad time.
06-26-2022, 11:42 PM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

I have no words but full compassion for you my friend even if we haven't met...

06-27-2022, 03:47 AM - 3 Likes   #35
Pentaxian

I'll echo Kerrowdown in hoping that you enjoy your remaining time doing things you love and being with those you love and who love you back. I know you'll be missed greatly here and that's just a small portion of the impact you'll have had on people through your life. Take care and all the best to your family.
06-27-2022, 07:13 AM - 4 Likes   #36
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Steve, I could not "like" your post, as it brings great sadness to all of us here. Your courage is second to none, and your dedication to this forum is so appreciated.

Hoping for a miracle for you; as you are a valuable part of this community.
06-27-2022, 10:38 PM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

These are not the words I’ve been praying to hear.

I will compete for your gear, and if I happen to be blessed with any of it - or if I don’t - I will continue to think of you { just as I continue to remember ‘Rupert’}

As I type these words, I do think of ‘Rupert’ and his lung issues.
Although I am “a man of faith”, I could not face the end so calmly, without fighting and fighting,
and honestly I will continue to pray for your healing, whatever form that will take.

Last edited by reh321; 06-27-2022 at 10:46 PM.
06-28-2022, 12:42 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve, even here, you are loved. Keep smiling my fellow Pentaxian.
06-28-2022, 12:51 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
many good things come to an end.
Sorry to read that there hasn't been a viable resolution to your medical issues. I'll admit it was your posts and reviews that made me join pentaxforums in the first place.

All things come to an end not just the good, but the bad as well, indeed change is a significant constant in our universe.

Last edited by Digitalis; 06-28-2022 at 08:37 AM.
06-28-2022, 11:04 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Well, crap. Very sorry to hear, I can only admire the way you have stayed positive thru this whole mess. Blessings on you and your family, we will miss you.
06-28-2022, 11:14 AM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Steve, I am so very sorry to hear this news. You have given so many Forum members excellent advice over the many years. You will be dearly missed.
06-28-2022, 03:16 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Veteran Member

Damnit. I'm sorry.

I only just saw this since I'm sequestered to the film sections of the site, but was just wondering about you.

I'll just be blunt and quite frank - that's gutting. Selfishly, you and Colton have been two of my favorite people here in these PF realms and learning these things whilst trying to carry on is just plain hard, if not utterly disheartening. Not the least of which is made more difficult by much too similar goings on in my own personal and family life these past 3 or 4 years.

Hug and a hat tip.

You sir, have always been a freaking treat. It's always been a pleasure and any remaining time will be as well. Love to you and yours, Steve.
06-28-2022, 04:40 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
In regards to my previous post some months agp regarding terminal illness(LINK), it seemed that an update is in order. I was informed this week that my efforts to secure a lung transplant have failed (too debilitated too survive the procedure). In response, I have shifted my focus to palliative care and (eventually) hospice with an emphasis to leave as many traces of myself as I can before bidding this world one last smile of farewell.

As for Pentax Forums, those traces will likely run like this:
  • Legacy Flash Review section for the Vivitar 3500 (was posted as a stub, but apparently removed by the mods.) There will also be a full article in the lighting subforum.
  • My notes (full forum article) and camera review of the Pentax *ist D.
  • Gear...yes, that reads GEAR,
    I am instructing the executor of my estate to limit offers of my stuff to the market place on this site. Many things will be offered free for cost of shipping. In addition, I also intend to gift several items, some quite desirable, to Pentax Forum for use as contest prizes and other site promotion feature. I have yet to spring this plan on them. I am sure they will be thrilled.

Y'all here at PF are an amazing bunch and have been so good to me. My daughter will post a final fair-well after my demise.
Steve, I've been away from the forum for a few days so missed your post.
Your kind and knowledgeable interactions in this forum has always been appreciated. I will miss your posts and am deeply saddened that we will cease to have your contributions and, indeed, that those that know you must learn to live without you. Please know that you will be sorely missed.
It's heartening that you intend sharing your gear.

I wish you only the best for this part of the journey.
Most sincerely,
Mark
06-28-2022, 08:00 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Steve, I am grateful you were here while I was here.

06-29-2022, 03:55 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Steve,
I cannot imagine how difficult it is to be in your position. At the same time, I truly admire how you handle it; your honesty and your attitude. I don't post too much but I've always been reading your posts with attention as I know that you are the person that has something meaningful to say. Thank you for all your admirable input to this community.