Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Anyone Collect Leicas?

I came across this...

shopgoodwill.com - #4303420 - Leica III g Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Germany Camera - 12/23/2008 5:00:00 PM

My dad had a Leica way back when. It looked nothing like that collection.

Posted in case someone might be interested...

12-18-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Banned

that's one hell of a kit. id rather have an Asahiflex though.
12-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #3

Original Poster
It so baffles me that someone would donate such an item to Goodwill. Thank God they are beginning to auction the better stuff off such that it fetches a decent price and finds a good home.

Otherwise, wouldn't be great to pick that kit up in a store for $25.00? That is what would happen.
12-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by jocko_nc Quote
It so baffles me that someone would donate such an item to Goodwill. Thank God they are beginning to auction the better stuff off such that it fetches a decent price and finds a good home.

Otherwise, wouldn't be great to pick that kit up in a store for $25.00? That is what would happen.

highly doubtful, goodwill does research, and everyone including goodwill knows the name Leica. they wouldn't let anything like this go for 25.00. would you likely get it extremely cheap compared to market value? yes, but not for 25.00. actually its more likely that if this ended up in a store, it would never hit the shelves. an employee would snatch it up.

12-18-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I got a Leica for $5

Also...a little while later, St. Vinnys had a Spot with SMC 50/1.4 for $30. The filter was dented but not the lens itself. Definite cleaner-upper but just dirty.
12-18-2008, 05:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I do, but I preferred to buy individual item instead. This kind of package will result in huge custom tax...
12-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #7

Original Poster
I have much experience with the Goodwill scene. A little addiction I have to vintage audio equipment.

There is no rhyme or reason to what they do, at least not around here (NC, VA, SC). The people manning the price tag gun have no idea: A nice Carver or H/K Citation amplifier sitting there with the same $15.00 price tag as the pair of Panasonic Thrusters speakers or the Soundesign all-in-one. True finds. The newer, crappier stuff usually is priced at a premium. ???. I found a pair of Klipsch Heresys one fateful day for a whopping $16.00. The parts alone are worth $200.00+. Otherwise, they are fine speakers. They grew on me and I am still using them daily.

Apparently, they know enough about what comes through to even snag something for themselves.

Real cameras are very hard to find. I keep expecting to find old Pentax, but rarely do. Don't know why. I keep looking, though.

Seriously, the auction is a good thing for them.

12-19-2008, 06:31 AM   #8
Banned

QuoteQuote:
Real cameras are very hard to find. I keep expecting to find old Pentax, but rarely do. Don't know why. I keep looking, though.
that's because Pentax owners do not want to give them up.