Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2022, 01:31 PM - 11 Likes   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Queen Elizabeth II RIP

I am 62 years old. During my entire life, as a kid, and as an adult, there has been one constant. Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II

I knew this day had to come but was not prepared for it. I sobbed like a kid all afternoon and as I type this now.

God bless Her Majesty...she served those in the UK and other countries where she was head of State (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and many more) for 70 years. There won't be another like her.

xxx

09-08-2022, 02:23 PM - 6 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

It's such a strange feeling. She was there all my life. . . probably all our lives for most of us British. . . and she seemed somehow so fundamental to our national identity that the idea of her having gone is hard to process.

I'm no royalist, but I believe wholeheartedly that she earned the right to be our head of state with her lifelong commitment to duty and self-sacrifice on behalf of the nation. My respect for her is immense and I've shed tears for her today.

One of the last of a great generation. We shall not see her like again.
09-08-2022, 02:26 PM - 3 Likes   #3
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
May she rest in peace
09-08-2022, 02:36 PM - 4 Likes   #4
Pentaxian

I'm in my early 70's and the Queen has been a constant throughout my years. I first saw her in 1951, when she and Prince Phillip visited my western Canadian city.

They were in a parade, driven in an open (convertible) large American car...think it was a Cadillac, Buick or Lincoln, provided by a local car dealer. She hadn't become Queen yet.

Someone said, she didn't put a foot wrong and I have to agree. She was always the highest standard. A fine woman. An exceptional monarch.

RIP...Elizabeth.

09-08-2022, 02:41 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As a US citizen I'm an outsider, of course, but Queen Elizabeth II struck me as warm, resolute, and clever - and especially devoted to the service of her people.

It seems to me that we now have no one on the world stage with her level of reserve and dignity. That's a bit sad for all of us, I think.

Perhaps now she is reunited with her "beloved Philip".
09-08-2022, 02:52 PM - 4 Likes   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
I am 62 years old. During my entire life, as a kid, and as an adult, there has been one constant. Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II

I knew this day had to come but was not prepared for it. I sobbed like a kid all afternoon and as I type this now.

God bless Her Majesty...she served those in the UK and other countries where she was head of State (Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and many more) for 70 years. There won't be another like her.

xxx
My condolences to you and all other citizens of the Commonwealth.
09-09-2022, 06:29 AM - 4 Likes   #7
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

If so inclined consider raising a glass of dubbonet and gin or a gin and tonic to her memory

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-09-2022 at 06:37 AM.
09-09-2022, 03:16 PM - 4 Likes   #8
Pentaxian

She has been the Queen longer than I have been on this world, it will be very, very strange to think of anyone else at the helm. May she Rest in Peace, knowing her life was spent in tireless service to her people. Truly, to all the people of the world.

This Yank will miss her steadfast leadership and grace.

<salute>
09-09-2022, 04:36 PM - 5 Likes   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Queen Elizabeth II: A life in pictures - BBC News

09-09-2022, 05:15 PM - 4 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote

xxx
Having sworn allegiance to our Queen, I feel the same as you. It feels like the end of an era.
A long and remarkable life.
09-10-2022, 02:02 AM - 2 Likes   #11
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is probably the appropriate thread to share this BBC image:

09-10-2022, 05:09 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

Her Majesty was a wonderful lady who fulfilled her own stated role throughout her life. At least for the time being we will have a tangible reminder of her every time we use a coin or banknote or postage stamp, and she will be remembered ever after as our longest-serving monarch.

Philip
09-10-2022, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Rest in Peace. She lived a full life, but she will be missed at least by some... (I will miss her, although I am not a British citizen).

On a photographic note, Chris Jackson did a photo book on the royal family that has some wonderful images of Queen Elizabeth II. I bought it for my wife a couple of years ago as she was interested in it. amazon.com: Modern Monarchy: The British Royal Family Today: 9780847864287: Jackson, Chris, Pritchard, Michael: Books?tag=pentaxforums-20&
09-10-2022, 09:08 AM - 8 Likes   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Advisory

Do NOT try to make this about politics. Period. I've just deleted another attempt to turn the thread political. Any future such posts will be deleted and appropriate action taken for violating the forum rule prohibiting political commentary.
09-10-2022, 11:19 AM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

RIP HM Queen Elizabeth The Second.