Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2022, 11:33 AM - 7 Likes   #16
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Several posts deleted. I guess some people didn't believe me.
I'm tempted to simply close the thread but that isn't fair to people who have enough self discipline to post within the rules and to heed in-thread cautions.
Out of respect for Her Majesty we'll let this run in hopes of a better experience going forward.

09-10-2022, 04:09 PM - 7 Likes   #17
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another moderator message

The igniting spark of this diversion from the proper purpose of this thread has been extinguished. If someone posts something political going forward, please report it rather than respond to it in the thread.

Now, back to the late Queen Elizabeth. She reigned long and through some remarkable times, and was greatly respected around the world and loved by many. Her legacy is significant, and I for one will miss her cheeky smile. The "James Bond" stunt at the Olympics, and the recent "Tea with Paddington" episode for the 70th Jubilee are a testament to her sense of humour.
09-10-2022, 05:12 PM - 4 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.popphoto.com/news/queen-elizabeth-ii-cameras/

QuoteQuote:
Queen Elizabeth II passed away today at the age of 96. One of the most photographed humans of the 20th century, her own passion for photography was no secret. The late British monarch was often documented with a camera in hand. In fact, images of her chatting up photographers and inspecting camera gear are plentiful.

To celebrate her life and passion for image-making, we’ve gathered together some of our favorite shots of Queen Elizabeth II, the photographer. Each shows her rocking a different camera, from a golden Rollei 35 to a vintage Kodak home movie camera—these are just some of the standouts from her royal collection.

Note: We couldn’t find any images of the late queen shooting with a digital camera—perhaps she was a film fanatic through and through? Let us know if you come across one, info@popphoto.com.
09-10-2022, 07:41 PM - 6 Likes   #19
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
Her Majesty ruled for seventy years with a dignity seldom seen, and also with a great sense of humo(u)r already mentioned. The clip below shows Queen Elizabeth II had a side to her personality few would have seen. It made me laugh and I hope it brings y'all a smile too.

R.I.P.

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 09-10-2022 at 08:04 PM. Reason: typo
09-11-2022, 11:25 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Note the eveready case on that Leica M3...

Chris
09-11-2022, 01:38 PM - 2 Likes   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Portsmouth city center has a number of display screens dedicated to HM QEii, here are a few in context (GRiiix)
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR IIIx  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR IIIx  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
RICOH GR IIIx  Photo 
09-11-2022, 06:24 PM - 2 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
The igniting spark of this diversion from the proper purpose of this thread has been extinguished. If someone posts something political going forward, please report it rather than respond to it in the thread.

Now, back to the late Queen Elizabeth. She reigned long and through some remarkable times, and was greatly respected around the world and loved by many. Her legacy is significant, and I for one will miss her cheeky smile. The "James Bond" stunt at the Olympics, and the recent "Tea with Paddington" episode for the 70th Jubilee are a testament to her sense of humour.
Your post about the James Bond stunt was a perfect reminder, thank you. I have just watched it and found it as funny this time round as I did when I watched it live.

The Queen was an amazing woman and will be remembered.