Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2022, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Dont mail cameras with batterys in it!!

Shouldnt have to be said/not naming names, but if you sell gear (especially slr's), dont mail it with batterys in it. Not only is it illegal in most places, but can leak while in transit & cause issues in the camera.

A slr I got from someone that had CR2 batteries in it (took em out as soon as I saw), and almost a year later just found out that there was a cr2025 battery still in the databack. Fortunately the battery didnt leak, & didnt even know there was one in there due to the battery being dead, so nothing was showing on the back. Only reason I found out there was one still in there was because I bought a new 2025 battery to put in the cameras databack & was figuing out how to open the battery tray.

To circumvent the "camera doesnt work!" issue is to have a note in the package saying what batterys are needed for the camera (if it needs them for any capacity) & recommend places to get them.

09-27-2022, 07:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
USPS permits you to include the battery inside the device for shipment, provided the package is labelled accordingly.

Check with your Post Office with any questions.

Last edited by luftfluss; 09-27-2022 at 07:56 PM.
09-28-2022, 01:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Recently when shipping a camera and some Lithium batteries USPS refused to ship the loose batteries unless they were in a device. They indicated it was a new policy implemented this summer. They were ok with factory new in the box batteries, but they refuse to ship used Lithium batteries.