Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
Damn Brit

Good Service

I recently bought a set of tripod legs from Marc Langille; Giottos MT9360. Great set of legs, a little heavy but solid as a rock.
I ordered a Giottos Mh1000 Ballhead with built in 652QR System from Ace Photo Digital Via Amazon.
The Ballhead arrived really quickly but to my dismay, the QR plate was missing from the head. Apart from that, it's a great feeling piece of equipment, smooth movement and solid build. Good price compared to some of the other Brands.
I emailed the seller who told me they didn't carry spares and that I should contact the importer HP Marketing.
They asked for proof of purchase and I forwarded them the emails that contained the purchase details. Told them that I really needed it for a shoot the day after christmas.

Got an email today, a QR plate is being shipped to me and should arrive on christmas eve.
I told Marc I was buying it for myself for christmas so I'm getting my wish, a quality tripod sytem at a great price.

It's good to know that in these times, you can still get good service.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 12-23-2008 at 12:17 AM.
12-23-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Always encourging to read positive posts like this. Yet another reason I enjoy this forum, we share both positive and negative experiences.
Enjoy the tripod Gary
12-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I recently bought a set of tripod legs from Marc Langille; Giottos MT9360...<snip>....It's good to know that in these times, you can still get good service.
Good deal and that is great service hope it all works ouit

<snip> Marc Langille; <snip>. Great set of legs, a little heavy but solid as a rock....
<snip>...
Had no idea you knew Marc that well (should have been a political reporter eh ! Yes he did say that haha)

Last edited by daacon; 12-23-2008 at 10:34 AM.
12-23-2008, 12:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It's good to know that in these times, you can still get good service.
Congrats! New toy for Christmas! I just recieved my brand new K20D today that my wife bought for me so I share your joy!

With all the bad press out there these days, I find that it's pretty rare I get really bad service nowdays. Most businesses know that service is important because they are customers too.

Of course the bad experiences are always the "remembered" experiences. Like the saying goes, if a customer has a good experience, they will tell one person, if they have a bad experience, they will tell 10.

In your case, you had a great experience and told thousands! You are the exception my friend! Merry Christmas Gary!

12-23-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
Congrats! New toy for Christmas! I just recieved my brand new K20D today that my wife bought for me so I share your joy!

With all the bad press out there these days, I find that it's pretty rare I get really bad service nowdays. Most businesses know that service is important because they are customers too.

Of course the bad experiences are always the "remembered" experiences. Like the saying goes, if a customer has a good experience, they will tell one person, if they have a bad experience, they will tell 10.

In your case, you had a great experience and told thousands! You are the exception my friend! Merry Christmas Gary!
Thanks and a Merry Christmas to you.
12-23-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Good deal and that is great service hope it all works ouit
Originally Posted by Damn Brit
<snip> Marc Langille; <snip>. Great set of legs, a little heavy but solid as a rock....
<snip>...
Had no idea you knew Marc that well (should have been a political reporter eh ! Yes he did say that haha)
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Glad it all came together Gary!

I think it's a great tripod for the price - very solid, and I'd trust it for a 500mm-600mm prime, no question.
12-23-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I missed this one first time round you saucy bugger.