12-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
Inactive Account

What?

Chokes on beverage.

12-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What's right is not always popular and what's popular is not always right. Enough said.

Heather
12-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Sometimes what's wrong is also unpopular. There may be more to this.
12-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #4
SMC PENTAX LENSES
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magnum1 Quote
I'd bet in 10 or 15 years history has a much more moderate opinion of President Bush's presidential successes and failures.

12-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I'd bet in 10 or 15 years history has a much more moderate opinion of President Bush's presidential successes and failures.
History written by whom?......uh who....yup, whom!
12-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magnum1 Quote
You need to drink something much much stronger. Then this will all make sense.

EDIT: Hilariously, I just noticed this is my post 1776.
12-28-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Just Words, Just Speeches.
12-28-2008, 09:26 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Hopefully no one takes political spin seriously.

12-28-2008, 09:46 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is no doubt that history will be the judge. Always has been and always will be.

I do find it intruiging though that someone throws a shoe at President Bush and he gets fame and hero status.....whereas if that same person had thrown a shoe at Saddam....????

so perhaps the judgement has already started.

Cheers.
12-29-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm not a big fan of Dubya (and I'm a conservative...and Bush is NOT a conservative). I did not vote for the guy. That being said, I think the media has acted despicably towards him and his administration. They have managed to foster such a negative attitude towards him that he can do no right no matter what he does. Much of it is overblown or twisted for a political end. And it is this media-driven hatred that has hurt our country and it's image more than anything. I think the "far right" did the same thing with Clinton with the same result.

I didn't like Clinton's ideas in the least, but he was not the devil either. Neither is Bush (or Obama for that matter). We have to separate hatred from disagreement on issues. We are all so easy to let our "own" off with a pass as long as they are in "our party" but when the opposition does it, they must be destroyed at all costs. It's dishonest and does nothing to help our country.
12-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Good post NavCom.
12-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
I'm not a big fan of Dubya (and I'm a conservative...and Bush is NOT a conservative). I did not vote for the guy. That being said, I think the media has acted despicably towards him and his administration. They have managed to foster such a negative attitude towards him that he can do no right no matter what he does. Much of it is overblown or twisted for a political end. And it is this media-driven hatred that has hurt our country and it's image more than anything. I think the "far right" did the same thing with Clinton with the same result.

I didn't like Clinton's ideas in the least, but he was not the devil either. Neither is Bush (or Obama for that matter). We have to separate hatred from disagreement on issues. We are all so easy to let our "own" off with a pass as long as they are in "our party" but when the opposition does it, they must be destroyed at all costs. It's dishonest and does nothing to help our country.
Can't argue with that.

The saddest part of all this is that the spin and politics takes over at the expense of common sense and logic.

Its all about the power...how to get it and how to keep it. The truly worrying aspect is how expensive it has now become to stand for politics.

I know a local guy who has stood for our State Parliament (in Australia) which I am guessing is probably like your state legislature in the US. This guy is going to have to tip in $200,000 of his own money to contest the seat. Not something that your every day average bloke off the street can digest.

So if the average guy wants support, he needs money, and he is immediately beholden to someone else and their agenda.

I dont have the answer (well, actually i think I do....but thats another time & place)
Cheers