Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-30-2023, 07:47 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is Pentax getting into the writing business???

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I was listening to coverage of a court trial when one of the lawyers said a peculiar thing.

"I take my trusty red pencil, made by Pentax..."

Aside from the obvious question of why would he name drop his pencil brand, did Pentax ever get in the writing business? I found a Pentel brand, but I'm sure he said Pentax. The lawyer commentator covering the trial even commented on the name, so it's not just me. You can hear it at the 2 hr 40 min mark in this video (though a slight headphone caution the lawyer also coughs loudly into the mic soon after that remark) and catch a couple of glimpses of the pencil in question.

Afternoon Paltrow Livestream - YouTube

Btw there has been a lot of blundering and weirdness in trial from both sides' council, so it's quite possible that lawyer spoke wrong.

03-30-2023, 07:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We have a couple of red Pentax pens around here from a promotional event launching the K-7. But no trusty pencils.
03-30-2023, 11:25 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Vintage Assorted Mechanicl Pencil Lead Coss, Sheaffer & Pentax 230pcs Total | eBay

I do remember these back in the day, used for drafting drawings on plastic sheet.
This advert has misspelt Pentel, which I believe is Japanese.
03-31-2023, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
Vintage Assorted Mechanicl Pencil Lead Coss, Sheaffer & Pentax 230pcs Total | eBay

I do remember these back in the day, used for drafting drawings on plastic sheet.
This advert has misspelt Pentel, which I believe is Japanese.
I've used mechanical pencils back when I was in drafting classes, just as CAD was taking over, and did see that listing in my searches. My guess is that's what he meant to say, but perhaps he's a Pentaxian that had a Freudian slip? Lol