Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Card readers

I am having trouble with my card reader (1stD) as it is soooo slow. Have spoken to camera house about a new reader and they suggested a Silicon Power 200 x write speed. Then I went on line to Cheap Chips and they tell me the San Disk Extreme 111 is a better buy and that they no longer use the Silicon Power brand.
Can anyone advise me here?

01-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by trishytee Quote
I am having trouble with my card reader (1stD) as it is soooo slow. Have spoken to camera house about a new reader and they suggested a Silicon Power 200 x write speed. Then I went on line to Cheap Chips and they tell me the San Disk Extreme 111 is a better buy and that they no longer use the Silicon Power brand.
Can anyone advise me here?
yup it sounds like you have a USB1 reader, or else a USB1 computer port, get a USB 2 or firewire reader (if your computer will use one) and get on with life.
Also, if your card is slow, your read will be slow as well.
If your computer hardware is USB1, then you need to be looking at a computer upgrade,