Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2009, 02:58 AM   #16
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bnishanth Quote
Hi,

Have sent you a PM, and SRS have confirmed that they have it in their stock in Rayners Lane branch (just 4 miles from Wembley). Have another option that Pete gives you handy, just in case if they sell out by then (which is unlikely for Pentax..)

Cheers
Nish
True

to OP:
anyway, I'll check that store, but I guess SRS will be the winner regarding price...
BR

01-13-2009, 03:18 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by u076216 Quote
Thanks ! I have very large shoes Do you like snooker or shopping pentax lenses in London ?
I'm not so much of a snooker player, but it must be fun to go shopping for 3/4 or 2/3 of the prices in continental Europe....
01-13-2009, 05:07 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by u076216 Quote
Hi Jason,

why do you thing this ? Ok the pound is rising at the moment, but a little example for today. I'm searching for the pentax 10-17 fisheye. I found a store in london (but not in the centre, it is in one of the suburbs, so i must drive a long time and i found no other store nearby) who sells the pentax for 299 GBP (srsmicrosystems or something like this). Today 299 GBP = 336 Eur. The cheapest in germany is 465 Eur new or 365 Eur for some used lenses.

cpopham, many thanks for the tip, i visit them !
You say London, I give advice about London. It's no secret London is one of the most expensive places on earth, and I don't let my opinion stand instead of fact. Speaking of facts, London is the second most expensive in Europe, behind Oslo. True, the pound has fallen against the Euro and Dollar over the past few months, but still doesn't do very much when the prices are still high in pounds. What you may find outside of London may be a different experience.

Jason
01-13-2009, 05:54 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
You say London, I give advice about London. It's no secret London is one of the most expensive places on earth, and I don't let my opinion stand instead of fact.
Quite true Jason, however, that doesn't mean you can't find any good deals. It's just being patient and knowing where to see. Jessops (largest Photographic chain of stores in UK -- and very expensive as far as Pentax is considered) was selling 50-200 at £29.99 during christmas...

In OP's case, SRS is just within Greater London and very close to where he intends to go, in fact 4 miles.

Cheers
Nish

01-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #20

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
I'm not so much of a snooker player, but it must be fun to go shopping for 3/4 or 2/3 of the prices in continental Europe....
Rense, yes that's pretty cool ! And i'm this year another four times in the UK, so i have to spare a lot of money for shopping next time in the UK By the way, do you know ... one of the big referees in Snooker is a man from Brielle Jan Verhaas

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
You say London, I give advice about London. It's no secret London is one of the most expensive places on earth, and I don't let my opinion stand instead of fact. Speaking of facts, London is the second most expensive in Europe, behind Oslo. True, the pound has fallen against the Euro and Dollar over the past few months, but still doesn't do very much when the prices are still high in pounds. What you may find outside of London may be a different experience.

Jason
Jason, that's true ! But i don't want to live in London. I have a cheap Hotel near Wembley Arena, i buy my foot in supermarkets but i have no car, so i can only shop in London this time. And for the special item i'm searching for, a shop in london is the one with the second best price.

In OP's case, SRS is just within Greater London and very close to where he intends to go, in fact 4 miles.

Cheers
Nish
Nish, thanks also for your pn. I sent you a pn back and i have found my way through the london bus and tube maps

To all, many thanks for reading, sufferanc and helping me ! On monday i will tell the story of my shopping trip.

Last edited by u076216; 01-13-2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: i wrote Rason, sorry.
01-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #21
axl
Veteran Member

Quite true Jason, however, that doesn't mean you can't find any good deals. It's just being patient and knowing where to see. Jessops (largest Photographic chain of stores in UK -- and very expensive as far as Pentax is considered) was selling 50-200 at £29.99 during christmas...

Cheers
Nish
As far as Jessops goes. The reason is that they are discontinuing Pentax gear. Apparently being unhappy with "money invested by Pentax/Hoya to new models".
Good for me, never liked them anyway, and I got new D-BG2 fro £65 and new generic battery for £35

PS: the last shop I was on about on Tottenham court rd is called Spectrum, and is very close to the Warren st. tube station (the north end of TCR)
BR
Peter
01-15-2009, 04:16 AM   #22

Original Poster
Thanks Peter for the nam and adress ! I found them on the map and i found also the webside. They are on my way from the hotel to the city, so i visit them also. Maybe they have nice bags from my favorite (crumpler) ;-)

Have a nice day
Matthias

01-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Dang I love it when I see members helping eachother from across the street or across the world.
01-16-2009, 02:08 AM   #24

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
As far as Jessops goes. The reason is that they are discontinuing Pentax gear. Apparently being unhappy with "money invested by Pentax/Hoya to new models".
Ah, that explains, cos I was browsing around their site but couldn't find any Pentax Lens..!!

Cheers
Nish
01-22-2009, 05:06 AM   #25

Original Poster
So now i'm back from the adventure

First of all, it seems to me London is no good land for Pentax

But the whole Story. I startet shopping trip on friday morning. First i visit srsmicrosystems (nash ask for me and they tell at phone the pentax 10-17 is in stock).Small shop and friendly people ... but ... they sell the one pentax 10-17 one day before (a cry smilie is missing here in forum) for 299 GBP (and i know who has buy it).

Next i phone with spectrum, they don't have the fisheye in stock. My last call was with Microclobe and he has one in stock (just arrived on thursday ... mmhh) but he don't give me the price on the phone, i must come to the shop.

Ok, no problem, i want shop a little more so i travel to Tottenham Court Road. I find Microclobe (not so easy) and enter the shop. I ask, he put the Lens out of the shelf and says ... 400 GBP ! Ok ok, my english is bad and i think i unterstand something wrong and ask 400 GBP ???? He says yes 400. I tell him i know he has got it from microsystems and the normal price there was 299. He don't say anythink about that, he only says last price 370 GBP because this were the only 10-17 in London and i can try to find another one.

I thanks very much for the generous offer, but even it is the last pentax in Town, i don't buy it from a cutthroat !!

I leave the shop and the rest of the day i walk on all stores in TCR and ask about pentax 10-17. But most of the stores offers no pentax lenses. Only the small compact cameras are in sale on every store. So no pentax lens on friday for U07216

On Saturday the snooker sessions startet on 2 pm (nice match selby vs higgins) and there were only about 30 minutes drive to SRSMicrosystems so i start another try. I visit them again and ask about ordering for me and sending by post and, i told you at the beginning of this post they are very friendly, they say no problem. They order me the lens for 329 GBP (the Price was a little higher than they ordered it last time) and p&p are 7,99 GB full insured and thats all. I pay via credit card so i can recall the payment for 6 weeks if they dont deliver the lens and everthing is fine. Depends on the exchange rate the lens costs me about 380 Euro instead of 450 - 500 Euro and its new and i ask pentax germany about warrenty because srsmicrosystems is a pentax pro dealer. They answer warrenty is valid in germany. Now i'm waiting for my new toy

Edit: Today i recive the account information for my credit card. I pay a total of 383,24 Eur for the Pentax. That is nearly 100 Euro cheaper than in germany ;-)

Last edited by u076216; 01-31-2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Ad information about the correct amount.