Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-09-2009, 05:27 AM   #1

Adresses for one day photoequipment shopping in London next Friday ?

Hi all !

I'm from germany and my english is not the best. So sorry if i use wrong words, times and word orders

I love Snooker and i have Tickets for the Saga Masters next week in London (Webley Arena). At the Moment is GB for Euro Users the paradies. For one pound we pay 1.11 Eur at the moment and VAT is lower than the german VAT. So next Friday i have time for shopping in London bevor i visit the evenning session of Snooker I stay at a hotel in Wembley and i travel by tube, bus or rail.

Now my question: i search for the pentax 10-17 fisheye. Which shops (please with adress and if known a internet adress) would you visit if you have only one day in london to shop for it

Many thanks in advance
Matthias

01-09-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry, no address, but an advise: HAVE FUN! Whished I was in your shoes.....
01-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hope Peter sees this.
01-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Sorry, no address, but an advise: HAVE FUN! Whished I was in your shoes.....
Thanks ! I have very large shoes Do you like snooker or shopping pentax lenses in London ?

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Hope Peter sees this.
Ups ... will Peter be angry about my posting or is he the answer of my question ??

Last edited by u076216; 01-09-2009 at 12:00 PM. Reason: I fight against the board technik ;-)
01-10-2009, 06:03 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Peter is a resident and should know his way around.
01-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
Veteran Member

The shopping part may be fun, but the buying part may be a nightmare. London is incredibly expensive nowadays!

Jason
01-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I've had pretty good success with Microglobe on my visits to London. Their shop is located about a block away from the British Museum.

However... whilst they have a lot of Pentax stuff (and lots in stock), and at decent prices, their shop is more focussed towards internet ordering. I'm not sure if they'll allow you to try things out or otherwise handle them, I've never asked.

01-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #8

Original Poster
Hi Jason,

why do you thing this ? Ok the pound is rising at the moment, but a little example for today. I'm searching for the pentax 10-17 fisheye. I found a store in london (but not in the centre, it is in one of the suburbs, so i must drive a long time and i found no other store nearby) who sells the pentax for 299 GBP (srsmicrosystems or something like this). Today 299 GBP = 336 Eur. The cheapest in germany is 465 Eur new or 365 Eur for some used lenses.

cpopham, many thanks for the tip, i visit them !
01-11-2009, 01:41 PM   #9

Hi!

In Germany you can get one from Computeruniverse for 407 Euros. I came just back from London and I have to say that as the prices were often cut by half, in Central London, around Oxford Street, shops were often sold empty, with very few items left.

Grüß,

Urmas
01-11-2009, 03:08 PM   #10

Original Poster
I don't like Computeruniverse if the item is not in stock. I have wait 5 months for a cokin IR Filter. The money was paid and then i get every 4 weeks a mail the item is not in stock. After 5 months i discard the order and change to a Crumpler Bag. And the Pentax 10-17 is not in Stock at the moment :-(
01-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #11

Photos: Gallery
Hi mate,

You could check out SRSMicroSystems who are a credible retailer around London. It's available at £299 including VAT.

Leave me a PM and I can check out if it's available at their 'Rayners Lane' branch which is 30 mins on the bus / tube from Wembley.

Cheers
Nish
01-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #12
axl
Veteran Member

The one that Nish suggested is good, I haven't been there but it's great price, good luck...
if not, you can try this one:
Pentax 50mm f1.4 Lens 100mm 10-17mm 12-24mm 14mm 16-45mm 18-55mm 20-35mm 21mm 28-105mm 21mm 43mm 70mm 35mm f2
It's just off Tottenham court road (that's the closeset tube too - address is on top of the page) but their asking price for that same lens is £370 but they have it in stock (according to net but it usualy doesn't lie)
Jacobs has best price £294 but they don't have the lens (though you may try in store, you may have luck - biggest branch is in New Oxford street maybe 3 min from the same tube station as above)
and there is one more shop in Totthenham court road (I'm sorry I can't remember the name but I'll be around the area tomorrow so I'll check it) they have great pentax stock but unfortunately the guy tries to rip people off, you may negotiate price a bit though, if you want to know more details about any of these or other stores, just PM me....
BR
Peter
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Urmas R. Quote
Hi!

In Germany you can get one from Computeruniverse for 407 Euros. I came just back from London and I have to say that as the prices were often cut by half, in Central London, around Oxford Street, shops were often sold empty, with very few items left.

Grüß,

Urmas
frankly, I don't think they were sold out, most of those stores in that area (in most of London for that matter) don't simply stock Pentax gear...
...sadly....
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM   #14

Original Poster
Hi Nish,

you got a PN. Many thanks !

Hi Peter,

also many thanks ! I write down the adresses and made a alternative plan for shopping on Friday ;-) If you are in the area tomorrow maybe (if its no problem for you) you can find the name of the store in Totthenham court road ?

Thanks to all and have a good night.
01-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #15

Photos: Gallery
Hi,

Have sent you a PM, and SRS have confirmed that they have it in their stock in Rayners Lane branch (just 4 miles from Wembley). Have another option that Pete gives you handy, just in case if they sell out by then (which is unlikely for Pentax..)

Cheers
Nish