Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I saw another Pentax shooter?

While reading this thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/4638-first-major-trip-shoot-k10d.html it got me wondering. Are you like me and always checking out what other people are shooting with? And if so how often do you run into a fellow Pentaxian?

I have only one time seen another person using a Pentax SLR, but was on the move with the family and did not get a chance to speak with him.

I am always wondering are they shooting a Pentax and if so are they part of this or another forum I belong to? Maybe we should have a secert code to be followed. Like if you see someone with a Pentax you give a hand signal (not a finger) that would be responded buy another said jesture and you would know they are here. I would more then likely just ask but what the heck this could be fun. Or am I just being silly on a Monday

03-19-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Sounds like this could be really fun!

So what will the signals be? Looking forward to pulling this off with the people in the Toronto Area.
03-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

To be honest, I haven't seen many other Pentax shooters, although I generally am curious as to what others are shooting with.
03-19-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
To be honest, I haven't seen many other Pentax shooters, although I generally am curious as to what others are shooting with.
Hey Davek, you've got a couple people that I've seen lurking here. One from Gatineau, but I don't recall his name. The other is TheCubanSpy.

Chances are should be quite good to spot eachother at common events.

03-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I would think there are plenty in Canada. There are a bunch of you guys here posting I thought from the same general area. I know, I know, Canada is big as are the cities. Now I am even more on the hunt to find another Pentaxian.
03-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I was at the Botanical Garden last week and saw somebody with a Pentax DS and kit lens. I think this has been the first time I have seen someone with a Pentax DSLR ever.
03-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

last time I went out, i saw 2, TWO pentax shooters. couldnt really tell what body he had, but he had the Kit (I recon he was a dp member). and an older lady, cradling her Pentax.

I've seen 2 others, but I was just out on my lunch break at the time, actually three.

I've seen a few k1000 shooters, and some time ago, a ZX-L

most tourists, or shooters I see either have the other 2 makers I cant seem to recall the name...

Would like to catch Salty or other P-Forum members, but, no such luck thus far...

in the Jeep Liberty forums I belong to, we have stickers, but then again, most Liberty owners that venture in there are very much not stock, so they can be easily spotted. but yeah, there should be like a sign or something, would be cool to meet someone out in the field.

03-19-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Actually, so did I on Saturday. I was at the Shamrock 8K road race in Virginia Beach. Saw a guy with a DL. First Pentax shooter I've seen down here.

I know we've got so new members here from the Hampton Roads area. Any of you guys at the Ocean Front Saturday?
03-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Haha its like theres all these Pentaxians randoming around independently and our goal is to seek them out and unite.

Then we crush the Rebelers and then go after the Nikonians and establish prime shelf space for pentax gear at all the big camera stores.
03-19-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How about a Pin? Like these.
03-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jfdavis58 Quote
How about a Pin? Like these.

That's an idea! Can we get one custom designed? I'm in for this!

I just looked through. hahaha they are custom to what you want

Nice!
03-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Haha its like theres all these Pentaxians randoming around independently and our goal is to seek them out and unite.

Then we crush the Rebelers and then go after the Nikonians and establish prime shelf space for pentax gear at all the big camera stores.

heh....man, it's like your out for blood. LoL
03-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That pin Idea is cool. something easily attached to the bag or hat.
03-20-2007, 03:42 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Pentax DSLRs aren't that uncommon round here, in my House there are 5 pentax DSLRs, plus 8 FSLRs and my Aunty has a DL, my girlfriend has a k100D, two of my classmates have pentax DSLRs, one has a DL and the other has DL and K100D, plus one of the first years has a K10D.

As well as at the Clipsal 500 (a big car race in Adelaide) i saw at least a dozen DS\L and K100Ds, plus i know of a fellow in the country near where i grew up that has a DS and K10D.
03-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #15
Veteran Member

I saw one in Oakland last month...

Tall fella. Must've been 8 feet or more. Said he walked down off a mountain that morning. Built like he knocks over trees barehanded. He had a K10D and the 16-45.

I couldn't get all of him in the frame, so I just got the important parts.