Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2009, 06:58 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hasselblad query

I can't actually put this in the 'for sale' section yet as I need some answers. I have a Hasselblad 500C/M for sale. this also includes a 40ml Carl Seiss lens which is rather big and comes in a leather case. Obviously it would need to be sold in Australia as it is very heavy and I imagine it would cost a fair bit for overseas. Just wondered if anyone can tell me a price to put on this. I have been told that the lens alone is worth quite a bit. Hope someone can help me with this.
thanks.

01-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved to General Talk.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I would recommend going to KEH Camera: Used Cameras, Digital Cameras, Film Cameras, Laptop Computers and More. and finding out if they have what you're selling. Take off 20% and that's a good starting price in USD at least.
01-13-2009, 08:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Not sure KEH is a good guide if you're not willing to post (plus will be cheaper than what it's worth here.!)

Ring a camera shop that deals in such things (I think there's at least one in Perth) and ask them for a price. Another avenue would be to check past eBay sales (need to be logged in to do this). Lastly, you could check the Camera Trader (yellow magazine available at newsagents with lots of ad's for both private sales and shops)

Assuming you've got a film back and viewfinder of some sorts as well? The camera itself (once the lens, viewfinder & filmback are removed) isn't worth a great deal but the bits that hang off it can be.