Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Good grief. Forget the politics, you honestly think we can pump billions of tonnes of crap into the atmosphere and it will not affect the planet?

At some point, you reap what you sow.
Do you think replacing all of the tractors used in agriculture in North America with mules is going to have a measurable impact? Mules not only have a carbon foot print but a methane one. One of the gripes that the so called "Green Coalition" has with our agriculture is the use of fossil fuels to power our tractors, irrigation pumps and make fertilizer. Cow manure can lead to nitrificagtion in streams and rivers just like any other source of N. These groups are ultimately against many kinds of renewable energy as well due to the CO2 production . . . biodiesel, ethanol, electric cars etc.

Edit: WE aren't talking about the "crap" as you put it being pumped into the atmosphere. We are talking about CO2. WE have been working for the better part of the 20th Century and the beginning of this one to clean up pollutants in air and water and now Al Gore comes along with the religious experience of CO2 causing global warming. Al Bore seems to ignore things like solar flares and the fact that their are 6 billion people on the earth and the population grow exponentially. It all goes back to Thomas Malthus in 1798 whose turds had a higher IQ than Gore. Incidentally, Al Bore has one of the largest carbon foot prints in the U.S.

Last edited by Blue; 01-19-2009 at 03:25 PM.
01-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #17
graphicgr8s

Blue, again you are so wrong. With brain power on loan from the Algore I now know the true reason for global warming and upon payment of 165 million US dollars am willing to share the information and also the solution, I will give a hint though. It really started in the 1940's.
My word haven't we really hijacked then murdered this thread.
01-19-2009, 08:45 PM   #18
graphicgr8s

Let's see, Algore makes millions from "carbon offsets". Carbon offsets? (Said in an Adrew Dice Clay voice) What? But yet, Algore uses as much electricity in one month as a normal person uses in a year. But it's okay. He has "carbon offsets" Paid to his company of course. President Bush's home in Crawford is energy efficient and utilizes natural means to support it. And Algore's is highly inefficient. Go figure. All the "stars" talk about warmming as they jet around on their private planes. Whos on first? Carbon Offsets! Hmmph. Conservation only applies to the poor not us rich folks. We can buy more offsets from Algore.

Oh yeah For the record, I am 90% or better organic in my gardening and am trying to work to 100% and up to 3/4 of an acre planted as health permits. Right now it's only about 2500 sq. ft I CAN be out in the garden and munch on the stuff without worrying about washing it first. (Well certain veggies anyway. Hate the sand) And yes it definately tastes better than store bought "vine ripened" garbage.
01-20-2009, 08:09 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Who cares about Gore or any politician? They really are inconsequential.

01-20-2009, 12:22 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Regarding the Global Warming debate : I have adopted a saying on this, as I am fairly undecided:

"Better to do something and be wrong, than to do nothing and be wrong!"
01-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Regarding the Global Warming debate : I have adopted a saying on this, as I am fairly undecided:

Hmm. So taking this to the absurd when you can't see over the top of the hill it is better to hit the gas than to slow down or stop and observe first?

Doing nothing is actually doing something and at times is the correct action. Hopefully I don't have to explain that.
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote

You mean like doing brain surgery on the patient and it turns out to be pancreatic cancer?

Or do you mean like going in to Iraq to stop WMD?

01-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

You guys are cruel to dead horses!!!

Pat
01-20-2009, 07:49 PM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote

You guys are cruel to dead horses!!!

Pat

Actually, we were discussing mules which technically, are only half horse.
01-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #25
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Actually, we were discussing mules which technically, are only half horse.
And the other half is an ass or a donkey so does that mean democrats are asses?
01-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #26
Veteran Member

It was above freezing at the North Pole while Chicago was having subzero and the South was getting hard freezes.

Why? The cold air that's 'suppposed' to be up there keeping the ice cap from melting came down here.

What moves air in the atmosphere?

Heat.
01-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
It was above freezing at the North Pole while Chicago was having subzero and the South was getting hard freezes.

Why? The cold air that's 'suppposed' to be up there keeping the ice cap from melting came down here.

What moves air in the atmosphere?

Heat.
Must be all the hot air in DC today.
Actually there is no such thing as cold. It is only a slowing of the molecules that make up a substance.
01-21-2009, 04:29 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Actually there is no such thing as cold.
I beg to differ... (looking at my thermometer out the window and seeing it's -24 and the dude on radio says the wind chill is -36...)

If anything it speeds up my molecules... to get the hell out of the cold and indoors asap!!!

Pat

PS: this is being typed as I am eating a hot bowl of oatmeal to ready my body to go to out in the cold.
01-21-2009, 05:44 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Sooooooooooo... icey roads huh? Personally, I thought it was a pretty funny video

Pardon my not having been here for a few months... but is graphicgr8s the new Rice High?
01-21-2009, 08:58 AM   #30
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
Sooooooooooo... icey roads huh? Personally, I thought it was a pretty funny video

Pardon my not having been here for a few months... but is graphicgr8s the new Rice High?
My good man I take insult to that (well I would if I had feelings anyway). I am just having a little fun. And I LOVE Pentax cameras. And I use them. And I love this forum. There's a great bunch of people here. And I think the other camera companies make a decent product also I just prefer Pentax. I wouldn't personally own a Canikon.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 01-22-2009 at 02:38 PM.