Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2009, 04:28 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Members in Melbourne

"On March 20th & 21st 2009 Vanbar will be hold the biggest lens tryout ever. On these days you will be able to put to the test any of those exotic lenses that you have been dying to use but maybe canít just afford to buy."

VANBAR IMAGING

Temptation... lead us not into evil.

01-20-2009, 04:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

thanks for the heads-up!
01-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

They usually have sale on Nikon glass. The owner is a lover with Nikon company and sells the stuff cheaper than wholesale price for Nikon here

I wish they have more pentax gear!
01-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Friday 6-7pm , booked a slot. Lots of lenses !!
Who's joining in ?
Might walk down to the city after and do some street stuff.
Cheers Neil

01-20-2009, 10:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Might have to book if that as well seeing as they are just around the corner from me, I wonder what they have in monster telephoto lens for getting a few dcent close ups on the big wheel?
01-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to join us since Neil, Voe and I are doing a street candid thing on Friday evening. We will include a dinner too.
01-20-2009, 11:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'll have to see what's happening closer to the dates on the off chance work commitments screw up plans.
01-21-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

We will probably end up in federation square waiting for the costume celebration taking place for this weekend.

Then wander all the way up to Vanbar close to Melbourne uni.

01-21-2009, 03:26 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Welcome to join us since Neil, Voe and I are doing a street candid thing on Friday evening. We will include a dinner too.
Geees... now I feel like I'm missing out
01-21-2009, 03:46 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Please do not feel that way

Once I organised a shoot for 19 members in Melbourne, only 2 turned up. Then the two members were dissapointed, the shoot was cancelled.

This is like a substract and enzyme thing. Things will fall into right places when the timing is right.

Funnily, Olympus group here in Melbourne is surely bigger than pentax one. The local camera club here is sooo big that I get to learn more from canikon users in the club: A lot of coffee and talk

Photographywise, it is better to shoot with the people who actually want to meet to do the shoots and share gears.
01-21-2009, 05:40 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unfortunately, I'm the only Pentaxian in my (online) camera club. The good thing about that tho, is posting pics after a day out, then bragging that I get similar results without the outlay of VR lenses

BTW... were you a Mod before I went on me 'graphics Dip induced, brain fried, overloaded schedule' sebatical? If not... congrats
01-21-2009, 05:58 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Sounds good.
01-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #13
Veteran Member

The local camera club here is sooo big

the MCC?...
01-22-2009, 09:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
Unfortunately, I'm the only Pentaxian in my (online) camera club. The good thing about that tho, is posting pics after a day out, then bragging that I get similar results without the outlay of VR lenses
There are just way too much brand fights and discrimination on the gears people use in that sort of camera club. A lot of time, some of the film SLR users have to lecture the young about films etc. Little photography most of the time. All talk.

VR lenses are just that "VR". Optically, the design is really unchanged since the ice age. Well, that is pretty much for most of the lenses as well. Some lenses are more equal than the others.

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
BTW... were you a Mod before I went on me 'graphics Dip induced, brain fried, overloaded schedule' sebatical? If not... congrats
Only a mod for 10 days now... How come the timing is of any significance here?

I just hope that I say hello one day and not to moderate the next day...

QuoteOriginally posted by HGMonaro Quote
the MCC?...
The studio group and the local walk group. I tried a few and I preferred to do them on my own