Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #16
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
I agree completely. Slipups will be made on both sides. Because Bush has been in office for the last 8 years, there's plenty of ammo to send his way and I assume the same will happen for Obama as he leaves office..
And lets hope that happens in 2012

01-20-2009, 08:36 PM   #17
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom Quote
... why did more people vote for him the second time than the first?

Could it be that some people were so turned off at how he was being treated by the media that they took a second look and stopped believing everything they were being force-fed to shape their opinions?

I suspect there is a three part answer to your question
1) John Kerry
2) John Kerry's Personality
3) Swift Boat (yet again John Kerry is the common thread).
01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
His office, which represents all Americans, certainly deserves some respect as well.

stewart
I agree with this statement as well. I have every respect for this nation's highest office.

BUT, regardless of who votes for whom, you have to admit that Bush's early speeches were rough -- not necessarily in content, but delivery. The problem was that the speechwriters didn't write for the way he spoke -- they wrote things for him to say. Over the course of that first year in office, the cadence of his speeches improved dramatically. I know -- it's picking knits, but it's just an observation.

If you want to fire back at Ben -- just look at the grammar in his subject line.

No offense intended Ben.

Peace,

Adam
01-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I agree completely. Slipups will be made on both sides. Because Bush has been in office for the last 8 years, there's plenty of ammo to send his way and I assume the same will happen for Obama as he leaves office. I think what Ben intended was mostly a parting shot. Honestly, no one really gets a complete pass, whether we are talking about Howard Dean's yell that the press couldn't get enough of or Joe Biden's "constant gaffs" from this last campaign.
I agree. But the difference is Bush's slip-ups were used against him as though they prove he is an idiot. Biden's were used to show "he is only human".

Can you honestly imagine what the press would have done if Bush had told a handicapped politician in a wheelchair to "stand up" to be recognized? They would have torn him into tiny pieces. For Biden, it lasted a day or two and was always framed by the mainstream media in a manner that it was just an honest mistake. The mainstream media talk shows were all bending over backwards trying to make excuses for why Biden did what he did. That would never happen with Bush. It would have been framed in a manner to show he was incompetent or an idiot.

01-20-2009, 08:48 PM   #20
graphicgr8s

I agree. But the difference is Bush's slip-ups were used against him as though they prove he is an idiot. Biden's were used to show "he is only human".

Can you honestly imagine what the press would have done if Bush had told a handicapped politician in a wheelchair to "stand up" to be recognized? They would have torn him into tiny pieces. For Biden, it lasted a day or two and was always framed by the mainstream media in a manner that it was just an honest mistake. The mainstream media talk shows were all bending over backwards trying to make excuses for why Biden did what he did. That would never happen with Bush. It would have been framed in a manner to show he was incompetent or an idiot.
And you expect different from the liberal media?
01-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #21
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by regken Quote
Love threads like this. They always give me better insight to the posters.

Patrick J. Buchanan seemed to sum up Obama's speech very well.
So what insight do you have on me?
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM   #22
Veteran Member

The problem was that the speechwriters didn't write for the way he spoke -- they wrote things for him to say. Over the course of that first year in office, the cadence of his speeches improved dramatically. I know -- it's picking knits, but it's just an observation.
I agree completely. If you see Bush outside of a speech environment, he is like a different person. I think he is just not a speech person in today's political environment. In order to give political speeches these days, everyone expects every speech to be MLK's I have a dream speech or Reagan's tear down this wall speech. So they write them so lofty that they sound fake. And many like Bush can't pull off the fake.

01-20-2009, 08:54 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
I suspect there is a three part answer to your question
1) John Kerry
2) John Kerry's Personality
3) Swift Boat (yet again John Kerry is the common thread).
Touché Gary!

...and John Kerry even trumped the Iraq War!
01-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #24
Damn Brit

Touché Gary!

...and John Kerry even trumped the Iraq War!
Can you imagine if the two wars had been fought in reverse order; Kerry would have been Swift Cameled.
01-20-2009, 08:57 PM   #25

I always wondered why if he was such an idiot and "everyone knows it", why did more people vote for him the second time than the first?

Can you say "scare tactics"? Because that's EXACTLY what got him elected again AND by more people. When you throw a TON of money scaring people with 9/11 and "would we be safer with Kerry?" playing ads non-stop. Fear is a great tool to get what you want.

QuoteOriginally posted by navcom:
Could it be that some people were so turned off at how he was being treated by the media that they took a second look and stopped believing everything they were being force-fed to shape their opinions?
I doubt it. Bush had a campaign machine that would probably be close in rivaling Obama's. Karl Rove was a propaganda GENIUS and basically tore up Kerry's and the DNC campaigns.

This man was re-elected even with his mental incompetence. I don't blame other countries making jokes about him, heck, we do it without thought. The man is a bad joke that is finally gone. I just hope the massive hole that he dug throughout his years can be fixed eventually, I'm blessed for being a science teacher but I already have two close friends that are getting cut because the school can't afford their programs (one Music, the other P.E.). I also think ben's initial post was suppose to be a light hearted joke which I do not take offense in.
01-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #26
graphicgr8s

Spoken like a true liberal. I know, I wont confuse you with actual facts.
01-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #27

Ouch, that struck a nerve.
01-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #28
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by autumnsbliss Quote
Ouch, that struck a nerve.
Yeah but you'll grow to love me anyway.
01-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Yeah but you'll grow to love me anyway.
Nothing but love over here. I always get into battles with some very dear friends who are on the "right" bandwagon. I just love a heat discussion to get some energy going.
01-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #30
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by autumnsbliss Quote
Nothing but love over here. I always get into battles with some very dear friends who are on the "right" bandwagon. I just love a heat discussion to get some energy going.
We will work towards your conversion. You need to be right.

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 01-20-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Closed Thread