Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What's with all the newbies?

Go check out the Welcomes and Introductions forum, if you haven't already. There's a horde of new members who seem to have signed up at the same time

Somebody's spreading the word out.

01-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Go check out the Welcomes and Introductions forum, if you haven't already. There's a horde of new members who seem to have signed up at the same time

Somebody's spreading the word out.
No kidding - 2 pages worth in one day.
01-25-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I think the mods sent out a message to members with no posts suggesting participation or ...

Steve
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
DAZ
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks about on schedule. After the holidays everyone is playing with their new toys thinking they know how to use them. Soon some will conclude that this is a “little” more then they thought and start looking for more information.

DAZ

01-25-2009, 02:29 PM   #5
Forum Member

Wow - and I never posted a thread introducing myself In case anyone's curious, I joined b/c it's hard to find Pentax users on other sites. Or as a newbie, was I not supposed to post in here? . .

steve
01-25-2009, 02:35 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skeuos Quote
Wow - and I never posted a thread introducing myself In case anyone's curious, I joined b/c it's hard to find Pentax users on other sites. Or as a newbie, was I not supposed to post in here? . .

steve
Why shouldn't you, Steve? Welcome, I think you will find some here!
01-25-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Why shouldn't you, Steve? Welcome, I think you will find some here!
Thanks! I should've been clearer in my post - I was trying to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, making light of the fact that the closest thing to an introductory post I've made is here in the "why all the newbies" thread.

Thanks for the welcome; I'm sure I'll continue to enjoy being here.

steve

01-25-2009, 03:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Bring 'em on!

As a matter of fact I was talking with a friend of mine today and he's considering getting a DSLR. Although he didn't specifically mention it, I know that he and his wife are going on a Hawaiian cruise in April, so I figure that's why. At any rate, as we were talking, I mentioned that I use Pentax and he said that a coworker had also recommended Pentax. I had my K200 with me and I pulled it out and let him get a feel for it and he liked it a lot. Later on, I'm planning on following up with him via email, giving him more info about lenses, and other things, including the link to this site.

We may have another Pentaxian in the making.

Heather
01-25-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
including the link to this site.
NOOOOO! That's the worst thing you could possibly do!

Imagine if he comes across one of the many "Pentax sux I'm movin to Canikolympusony cos FF will make me a better photog lol" threads he'll think twice before spending money on a mediocre product.

01-25-2009, 06:10 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Imagine if he comes across one of the many "Pentax sux I'm movin to Canikolympusony cos FF will make me a better photog lol" threads he'll think twice before spending money on a mediocre product.

Actually, I've thought of that and I'll warn him about those people and advise him to simply ignore them. Remember, he's actually held the camera.

Heather
01-25-2009, 08:44 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Or a thread with a link to Ned Bunnell slutting around with a new Leica P & S.
01-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Hey Everyone,

I remember when I was just a newbie...oh wait, I still am. In any case, I was out at the Plymouth Ice Festive tonight and ran into a girl shooting with a K100d. I struck up a conversation with her and told her to check out the site. So we might be seeing yet another addition to the site. I'll post pics from the Ice Festive when I'm don't cleaning them up.
01-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Remember that there is a difference in being a noob to this site and being new to Pentax gear.
01-25-2009, 09:02 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by skeuos Quote
Thanks! I should've been clearer in my post - I was trying to be a bit tongue-in-cheek, making light of the fact that the closest thing to an introductory post I've made is here in the "why all the newbies" thread.
Yes, I understood..... As always, irony and the internet are not totally compatible....
01-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Maybe it has something to do with Christmas a few weeks ago.

Jason