Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I deserve a medal or something

After doing our taxes and seeing a fairly good sized return my wife told me I can upgrade my k100d to a k20d... I made it 3.5 hours before actually buying one. Yes 3.5 hours, not minutes or seconds ... hours.

I am very excited, it arrives friday. Sorry for bragging but as I said I am excited

01-28-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Inactive Account

3.5 hours, not bad at all!

Sweat, shakes, and bloody fingernails while you were at it? :-)
01-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
BPT
Veteran Member

Original Poster
oh yeah it was lucky I just happened to had already done all of the research for pricing and such. Coincidences like that dont happen often
01-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

My local camera shop said they get a huge push when returns start coming in...you'd better change your sig banner too

01-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #5
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by BPT Quote
After doing our taxes and seeing a fairly good sized return my wife told me I can upgrade my k100d to a k20d... I made it 3.5 hours before actually buying one. Yes 3.5 hours, not minutes or seconds ... hours.

I am very excited, it arrives friday. Sorry for bragging but as I said I am excited
Medal? I was thinking more along the lines of nominating you for "Pentax Man of the Year". Such self control. Such willpower. Years ago I had been telling my wife that I NEEDED a pickup truck(I had a 10 year old VW at the time). One day I came home and she said our daughter had just gotton a drivers license and that if I had a truck, then daughter could drive herself to school in my VW. I did NOT say "Yes Mam", or "Thank You", or "Whaaaaat". To make a long story less long, I was home in less than 3.5 hours with a truck.
01-29-2009, 04:21 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Off-topic:

Wlank, your avatar made me go "No way", then I saw your signature. Never thought I'd run into someone who owns a Cushman, even on the internet. I don't own one, but I do know them well. I work in a body shop and we have a contract with *Dennis Carpenter to paint all of the scooters they restore. I'm happy to see that yours is blue, there seems to be a huge demand for bright red ones, I'm very tired of red Cushmans. The last one we painted was a very 50's turquoise color, should be very pretty when they get it together, the one before that was a metallic purple, we are doing about 3 a month.

*As you probably know, a major supplier of restoration parts for Cushman scooters.

Here is a 1959 Eagle we did not too long ago and a 1962 Super Eagle. Obviously, not totally original restorations, they like to do customs occasionally.
Attached Images

01-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Off-topic:

Wlank, your avatar made me go "No way", then I saw your signature. Never thought I'd run into someone who owns a Cushman, even on the internet. I don't own one, but I do know them well. I work in a body shop and we have a contract with *Dennis Carpenter to paint all of the scooters they restore. I'm happy to see that yours is blue, there seems to be a huge demand for bright red ones, I'm very tired of red Cushmans. The last one we painted was a very 50's turquoise color, should be very pretty when they get it together, the one before that was a metallic purple, we are doing about 3 a month.

*As you probably know, a major supplier of restoration parts for Cushman scooters.

Here is a 1959 Eagle we did not too long ago and a 1962 Super Eagle. Obviously, not totally original restorations, they like to do customs occasionally.
If you took a quick glance at mine you would say it was a '58, but it's not. The front fork cover and the gas tank are '58 parts which confuses folks, but it is titled as a '59. The man who restored it did things his way and he just liked the front cover from the '58 and the teardrop tank better.

Here's a bigger picture.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/attachments/pentax-dslr-discussion/16986d...guys-eagle.jpg

Last edited by wlank; 01-29-2009 at 11:06 AM.
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #8
BPT
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
My local camera shop said they get a huge push when returns start coming in...you'd better change your sig banner too
As soon as I have it in my hands I will be putting up my new sig I bet there are a lot of cameras sold when tax refunds come in.

QuoteOriginally posted by wlank Quote
Medal? I was thinking more along the lines of nominating you for "Pentax Man of the Year". Such self control. Such willpower. Years ago I had been telling my wife that I NEEDED a pickup truck(I had a 10 year old VW at the time). One day I came home and she said our daughter had just gotton a drivers license and that if I had a truck, then daughter could drive herself to school in my VW. I did NOT say "Yes Mam", or "Thank You", or "Whaaaaat". To make a long story less long, I was home in less than 3.5 hours with a truck.
Yes ours is not to question but to carry out the wife's wishes

01-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on the new K20D. I'm holding out till next year's return for a K30D though...