Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Go for the K100D or K110D with the kit lens If you want SR, get the K100D.

The only downside to these is that they have a pentamirror viewfinder. If you want a pentaprism (10% more magnification, larger viewfinder), go for the *ist DS2, which you can buy off of me. It's in like-new condition and will be available for sale once my K10D arrives.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #17
Rak
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I'm not too worried about SR -- my current digital camera, which is ancient, has no SR and I've lost a very small amount of pictures to shaking.

I think I'm going to go with the K110D with the kit 18-55mm lens. It is a good value and a good entry SLR camera.
11-17-2006, 02:38 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I think You have made a very good decision in the K110. If you don't need SR the 110 is a great entry camera.

when I bought my DL I had said the same thing and for the most part I didn't need the SR. In fact the only cameras of that type were the Konica Monilta (with SR of a sort built in to the body) and both C&N with it built into the lens. This only made for added expense and a weird feel to the camera.

I found out very soon the DL had great features but did lack some in AF and for the time I could even be satisfyed working around this small problem.

Now however about a year down the road and getting older (me not the camera) I want the advantages of SR and the 11 point AF and a few other goodies like the 10mp (not really needed 6mp does the trick but 10 is nicer) And I have learned many new shooting styles for diffrent situations. So I think I'm ready for that kind of a change.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #19
Rak
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Well, my K110D came today, but of course I can't open it until Christmas. The auto show gallery was the last time I will use my dad's ancient Powershot S30. We're going to Sedona right after Christmas, so I'll be taking my new K110D along.