Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
How long should I wait?

I ordered a K2000 from Pentax's Web Store sunday night. All I got was 1 email from them verifying I placed the order. It's now Tuesday and still no email about shipment, nor the charge to the card.

I love Pentax to death, and I really want the K2000. I figured getting it direct would take out the middle man.

How long should I give before I call?

02-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by evildragon Quote
I ordered a K2000 from Pentax's Web Store sunday night. All I got was 1 email from them verifying I placed the order. It's now Tuesday and still no email about shipment, nor the charge to the card.

I love Pentax to death, and I really want the K2000. I figured getting it direct would take out the middle man.

How long should I give before I call?
Disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

PentaxWebstore.com is operated by SureSource LLC. Copyright © 2009 SureSource LLC

You have achieved nothing. Even Amazon has lower prices than the Pentax webstore. It's their way to sucker people into buying overpriced merchandise for a quick buck. Very low, IMO.

If they don't call or write to you, buy it from somewhere else and cancel your order.
02-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #3

Why would you go to a public forum to ask a question like this instead of contacting the store's customer service using the "contact us" information at the bottom of their web page?
02-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Prairie Dog Quote
Why would you go to a public forum to ask a question like this instead of contacting the store's customer service using the "contact us" information at the bottom of their web page?
huh? He's asking how long should he wait before contacting them.... wouldn't it seem weird if he asked Customer Service "Hi, i bought some stuff but things dont seem to be happening. How long should I wait before asking you about it?"

02-10-2009, 03:57 PM   #5

Original Poster
I couldn't find any local retailers that had the camera. So I figured to buy online from Pentax. Didn't expect to have to go through this hassle.
02-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you order the limited edition white version? If so, you may be waiting for awhile. It is still pre-order only.

Steve
02-10-2009, 04:15 PM   #7

Original Poster
I purposedly bought the in-stock black model so I could get it ASAP. I'm going to Daytona Beach soon and would like to get it, otherwise I'm stuck shooting with my fathers Panasonic Lumix...

02-10-2009, 04:26 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Well give their customer service a call and ask them if the order has been processed yet and if so when will it ship. In other words get them off their ass and get the order processed.
02-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #9

Original Poster
Since it's late here, I'll do that on my break at work tomorrow (2pm)..
02-10-2009, 04:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

If they haven't shipped it yet and you need it soon, I'd echo the other posters who suggest you use a more major retailer - amazon, B&H and adorama all have it for less (amazon over $50 less and can get it anywhere in the lower 48 by thursday). pentaxwebstore's prices are a joke... K20D body is $167 cheaper at amazon .
02-11-2009, 09:07 PM   #11
Damn Brit

Pentax webstore prices are full MSRP. You only buy from there when there is no other alternative.