(e.g. laptop)

See example 16 cm x 33 cm x 43 cm
(6" x 13" x 17")

(wheels and handles included in size)
10 kg
(22 lbs)

aircanada.com - Travel Info - Carry On Baggage

i guess i gatta find a smaller bag haha
If you have a bag that stores photo gear and a notebook, that's a personal right there, like those big messenger bags is fine, like 1body and 3 lenses plus flash and misc acces.

02-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by J.Scott Quote
I find it incredible the amount and size of passengers 'carry-on' luggage. I can't imagine you getting any flack if you have a small Laptop bag and a medium sized camera bag or a combination of both. As a preference I put my stuff under the seat in front of me. On a recent trip we hit some turbulence and a few of the overhead bins opened up. I'd hate to see someone beaned with my camera bag.
i'm taking a big suitcase, with a carry on bag and then was thinking of bring my camera bag as well (Lowepro EX 180), but the dimensions aren't within the personal bag limits. i don't want to risk not being able to take it, or having to check it, so most likely i'll put my camera bag inside my carry on bag i'm a guy, how much clothes could i possibly need?
02-20-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by impete82 Quote
i don't travel much outside canada, and i'll be visiting home (poland) and don't want any hassle with my gear entering poland or when returning back home. should i bring my invoices when i purchased the camera and lenses so i have a way of showing i purchased them at home, or is there usually no issues?
I've never had a problem - but . . . hey . . . who knows? Maybe it's best to be safe rather than sorry.

Jer
02-23-2009, 01:22 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I just passed through the most thorough Customs check in the history of the world, Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv. I had to unpack both of my bags, including my camera backpack full of gear and they inspected each and every lens, the body and accessories. Like in any other border crossing or Customs check I have experienced, they did not ask for or require receipts in anyway of ownership. It's clear that my gear is my gear and there is no way of being able to tell if I actually purchased one of my lenses there, which I do not, but still.

Oh yeah, my camera backpack and normal size carry-on roller suitcase along with my tripod were considered all cool for carry-on.

At the end of the day, the answer is "no", never any issues with my gear at any airport of border crossing, ever.

Jason

03-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Oh yeah, my camera backpack and normal size carry-on roller suitcase along with my tripod were considered all cool for carry-on.
you have your tripod in hand or in a bag? my mom is saying i'm gonna lose my tripod at security if i take it haha
03-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Nope - I have travlled to the US and Mexico - a couple of times I brought my Lowepro Computer Treker backpack (2 bodies and 7 lenses and a computer). The last Charter I was on there was a 6kg wieght limit for carryon's and my bag weighed 11kg - Once I told them it was all camera gear they let me take it. As long as it all fits in the overhead sb no problem.

Once in Atlanta airport I did have a security agent open the bag and he inspected the Bigma for quite a while - was not sure I was going to get that one through but eventaully he let me.

As for customs - I have never been questioned about my camera gear.
03-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Once in Atlanta airport I did have a security agent open the bag and he inspected the Bigma for quite a while - was not sure I was going to get that one through but eventaully he let me. ......

He was just envious and wanted to handle it as much as possible without revealing his LWE

(That's 'Lens Wanting Envy' for the uneducated )