Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Harmonica Quote
''Maybe, he could post his trouble in a French Pentax forum and the true owner recognozes his image...''

If there is a Pentax France forum as well, I would appreciate if someone
(who can French) could put a link to there too. Thank's.
Hi,

I received your PM, I wll post the image and the link to this post on the Pentax forum at Chasseur d'Image website, maybe someone will recognize something.

EDIT:

Message and links to the pictures posted on both the Pentax camera and lenses fora at chaseur d'Images. Hope this helps.

http://www.chassimages.com/forum/index.php/topic,40543.0.html

You can also PM me the address of the scammer and I'll see what I can do to confirm the identity of this person.

Last edited by lol101; 02-28-2009 at 02:04 AM.
02-28-2009, 04:58 AM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lol101 Quote
You can also PM me the address of the scammer and I'll see what I can do to confirm the identity of this person.
lol101,

Harmonica was so kind to give me the info he had and I worked from there.

Meanwhile, I was able to confirm without any doubt the identity of the scammer. I have managed to talk on the phone to the scammer himself!

I have also talked to the Police Nationale of the city the scammer is living in. They have offered help w/o requiring Harmonica to issue an inter-country request for help.

As for the scammer ... he seems to be 45 y.o. and to live from his wife's money who is running a hairdresser studio. There are at least two other scams I found committed by the same person.

As soon as Harmonica agrees to it, either him or me will publish all personal data of the scammer.

Stay tuned.
02-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
lol101,

Meanwhile, I was able to confirm without any doubt the identity of the scammer. I have managed to talk on the phone to the scammer himself!

I have also talked to the Police Nationale of the city the scammer is living in. They have offered help w/o requiring Harmonica to issue an inter-country request for help.

As for the scammer ... he seems to be 45 y.o. and to live from his wife's money who is running a hairdresser studio. There are at least two other scams I found committed by the same person.

As soon as Harmonica agrees to it, either him or me will publish all personal data of the scammer.

Stay tuned.
Wow, excellent detective work! The support on this forum continues to amaze me.
02-28-2009, 05:40 AM   #64
Veteran Member

lol101,

Stay tuned.
OK, keep me posted if you need any help.

I live relatively close to Paris, in Normandy.

02-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #65
Pentaxian

Excellent work, Falk!
Did he admit the fraud?
Is there a chance that Harmonica will get his money back?
02-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #66
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Did he admit the fraud?
Is there a chance that Harmonica will get his money back?
He admits to have sent the package which contains the rock (of course, w/o admitting that he has put the rock -- but talking to him it became pretty clear that he is a liar). This was a planned fraud from the very beginning, of course. Which includes that he must lie now.
I have no doubt Harmonica gets his money back. But only if he brings the case to French court. Currently, he is sorting out his options. We really need a unified system for stuff like this in the EU now

The scammer is very audacious and if Harmonica won't do it, I will publish all personal data here and pillory him here and in his beloved radio-amateur forums. THAT will hurt him...

Last edited by falconeye; 02-28-2009 at 07:16 PM.
02-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #67
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think everyone has done a great job of helping and I certainly hope Harmonica gets some form of restitution. I'd just like to state the obvious, don't do anything that could hinder the police's efforts to conclude this in a favourable way. Have patience and hopefully Harmonica gets his money back.

02-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

He admits to have sent the package which contains the rock (of course, w/o admitting that he has put the rock -- but talking to him it became pretty clear that he is a liar). This was a planned fraud from the very beginning, of course. Which includes that he must lie now.
I have no doubt Harmonica gets his money back. But only if he brings the case to French court. Currently, he is sorting out his options. We really need a unified system for stuff like this in the EU now

The scammer is very audacious and if Harmonica won't do it, I will publish all personal data here and pillory him here and in his beloved radio-amateur forums. THAT will hurt him...
Google Maps is a handy tool. Give us his name, address and phone number and we can post an image of where he lives. Cockroaches and vermin hate having a light shone on them, they'll do anything to avoid it.
03-01-2009, 02:17 AM   #69

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's great news Falconeye! Please keep the folks at www.pentaxone.fr informed too, I'm sure some of them would be glad to know who the scammer is...
03-01-2009, 06:10 AM   #70
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
Google Maps is a handy tool.
Unfortunately, the address resolves to multiple homes. Some have pools, others not...
It is in Southern France.
03-01-2009, 06:15 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Spag Quote
Please keep the folks at www.pentaxone.fr informed too
I'll do this. As there is less traffic, I just want to await Harmonica's permission to publish the scammer's personal data.

Last edited by falconeye; 03-01-2009 at 07:13 AM.
03-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #72
Banned

wow. it would seem as though the scammer picked the wrong forum to scam someone. like Dan stated above ' The support on this forum continues to amaze me.' I wish Harmonica the best of luck and I hope the help that falconeye has given will be more than enough to end this and get the money back.
03-01-2009, 02:03 PM   #73
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi lol101,

Please, could you check your PM once again.
Thank's.