Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a quick thank you!

In December I bought myself a K100d (refurb) off of Woot.com and have been trolling this site ever since. Last weekend I took the first of three classes on how to use my new toy and have been reading info here for three straight days now. Because this site is soooooo full of great info I have yet to ask a question! I keep finding tips and tutorials that are so very well written that I am able to literally pick up my camera and try this stuff for myself. Because of my classes and this forum I am quickly grasping the basics and hopefully with some time and practice I will be able to contribute here and participate in some of the contests!

So, I just wanted to take a moment and tell you guys and gals thank you very much for having such a great forum and sharing all of this knowledge! Keep up the good work!

02-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Thanks! Don't hesitate submitting to the Post Your Photos or Photo Critique sections for friendly advice!
02-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
Damn Brit

I'm glad the forum has been helpful to you, that's what it's all about. Just please don't post questions like "What Bag?" and "How do I protect the LCD".
02-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by mr tibbs Quote
In December I bought myself a K100d (refurb) off of Woot.com and have been trolling this site ever since. Last weekend I took the first of three classes on how to use my new toy and have been reading info here for three straight days now. Because this site is soooooo full of great info I have yet to ask a question! I keep finding tips and tutorials that are so very well written that I am able to literally pick up my camera and try this stuff for myself. Because of my classes and this forum I am quickly grasping the basics and hopefully with some time and practice I will be able to contribute here and participate in some of the contests!

So, I just wanted to take a moment and tell you guys and gals thank you very much for having such a great forum and sharing all of this knowledge! Keep up the good work!
I am in the same boat! Bought it from Woot too and now hooked to this site.Just out of curiosity, where are these classes that are you taking?Are these classes online?

02-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #5
graphicgr8s

What bag.....How do I protect the LCD?

Congratuations on your acquisition and enjoyment. Definatley post some pictures.

the title is strictly for you Gary

For Damn Brit

:ugh:
02-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nnine Quote
I am in the same boat! Bought it from Woot too and now hooked to this site.Just out of curiosity, where are these classes that are you taking?Are these classes online?
The classes I am taking are actually being offered here locally by the city I live in. Something about "cultural arts", I guess digital photography fit into that. I figured for $25usd, three 2 hour classes were worth it. My thoughts were that even if all I got out of the classes were the basics I could still come to a website like this and learn what I needed to know. Little did I realize this site was filled with so much knowledge! One class in and I feel like I know quite a bit! I can't wait to implement the stuff I have learned here and show the teacher what I can do.
02-18-2009, 07:18 AM   #7
WJW
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mr tibbs Quote
In December I bought myself a K100d (refurb) off of Woot.com .........
And I was beginning to think I was the only forum member who bought one when Woot had them.

02-18-2009, 08:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WJW Quote
And I was beginning to think I was the only forum member who bought one when Woot had them.
Nope, bought one here for my daughter's birthday/Christmas gift. Not many 10 year olds that get a camera like that, but hey, she can already compose a shot better than I can. Gave it to her with an M 50 f/1.7 no less, and she does very well with it.
02-18-2009, 08:28 AM   #9

too bad they sold out so fast on the wootoff this morning. they were again offered for $240 at something like 3am my time.

My woot purchased a rapidly growing collection of spotmatics and m42's that are compatible with both my digital and film bodies, all for a surprisingly low cost. If only I jumped into film sooner!
02-18-2009, 10:05 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by southy Quote
too bad they sold out so fast on the wootoff this morning. they were again offered for $240 at something like 3am my time.

My woot purchased a rapidly growing collection of spotmatics and m42's that are compatible with both my digital and film bodies, all for a surprisingly low cost. If only I jumped into film sooner!
I saw that as well this morning. I still say that is a great price!
02-18-2009, 10:44 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dang! I can't believe I missed the Woot-off! I just sprung for the *ist DL deal on Wolf Camera, but I'd much rather have had the K100D for the same price (even if the kit lens wasn't included with the K100D).

Oh well.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
02-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Dang! I can't believe I missed the Woot-off! I just sprung for the *ist DL deal on Wolf Camera, but I'd much rather have had the K100D for the same price (even if the kit lens wasn't included with the K100D).

Oh well.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
Thank You kind sir! I think I'll be around for a while.