Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"Official" Candian Government UFO Files Open

The Canadian Government has come out not only releasing the 9500 UFO files from 1947 in to the 1980's, but admit that UFO's are probably of extraterrestrial origin.

Here is the link to the Canadian Government Site:

Introduction - Canada's UFOs: The Search for the Unknown - Library and Archives Canada

02-18-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Thanks for the link. Looks like a fun read for a dull evening.
02-19-2009, 05:57 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
The Canadian Government has come out not only releasing the 9500 UFO files from 1947 in to the 1980's, but admit that UFO's are probably of extraterrestrial origin.
Ben, your repeated creation of ufo threads, and subsequent non-participation in their discussion, is considered troll-like behaviour by me.

02-19-2009, 06:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

With his out of this world photography, do you think Ben is trying deperately to phone home? LOL

02-19-2009, 08:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
With his out of this world photography, do you think Ben is trying deperately to phone home? LOL
Typical Ridicule...

02-19-2009, 08:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Actually Ben, it was not ridicule. As an ex-military flyer I saw my fair share of the unexplainable. I keep an open mind. I was only trying to lighten the discussion, sorry I missed the mark.
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mithrandir Quote
Actually Ben, it was not ridicule. As an ex-military flyer I saw my fair share of the unexplainable. I keep an open mind. I was only trying to lighten the discussion, sorry I missed the mark.
Sorry for being so harsh. However, it seems that when ever this topic is brought up, there is always the attempt to lighten it up or put some brevity and a quaint passing aside in to the mix. If only ONE of the hundreds of thousands of reports around the world prove to be true, we are confronting what I would consider one of the most relevant events in the history of mankind. If this technology exists and has been back engineered to a certain extent, where are these advancements that could propel us out of the dark ages of a petrol driven economy in to the zero point that I am quite sure is being harnessed in these unidentified (Non Flying Aerodynamically) mobile objects. Systems using anti gravitics, zero point or esoteric energy could end the economic stranglehold that may be responsible for the demise of some of the most technologically advanced countries in the world. In my humble opinion, a petrol driven economy is akin to the steam engines of the 18th and 19th century.

I strongly suggest that those skeptics out there purchase Dr. Steve M. Greer's "Disclosure". A very edifying read to say the least...

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 02-19-2009 at 10:11 AM.
02-19-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Ben, your repeated creation of ufo threads, and subsequent non-participation in their discussion, is considered troll-like behaviour by me.

Really? I appreciate your opinion. I am also quite aware of your endemiclly aggressive behavior in a very specifically defined direction and am quite frankly finding it extremely palpable. So, let's just agree to disagree...

Perhaps we could establish an official hearing to voice our displeasure and allow a Jury of twelve or so members to decide on the verdict.

Danke...

Merci et a bientot

Last edited by benjikan; 02-19-2009 at 10:04 AM.
02-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I am also quite aware of your endemiclly aggressive behavior in a very specifically defined direction and am quite frankly finding it extremely palpable. So, let's just agree to disagree...
With now 3 of your replies in this thread, I will postpone my verdict that you only ignite the discussion and then leave it. We'll see.

btw, I am not sure we disagree. As you never defend what you say, I cannot know.
If only ONE of the hundreds of thousands of reports around the world prove to be true
That's exactly my point. This matter is seriously serious So, when you bring it up to the table, be ready to defend it. I cannot proove or disproove that extraterrestic ufos exist. But at least, I can make transparent the logical and scientific implications and likelihood. What I did in other threads you brought up (not to be repeated here).

What I expect from you is as simple as this: Quote first hand evidences (collected from what must be your large collection of wisdom on the matter) and provide references to them. Evidences you found particularly compelling. So that we can check and make our minds up.

BTW, I looked up this Canadian repository. IMHO, only three noteworthy incidents and one photograph with an unidentifiable piece of wreck. Is this all for 40 years and a country as large as Canada? What is your expert opinion here?

Last edited by falconeye; 02-19-2009 at 05:06 PM.
02-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Interesting thread. I read a report in the provided files, that I have some prior awareness of and know there was a medical assessment But it's not in the official Canadian Govt. UFO report released to the public...in the files.

Makes me wonder why...it should be part of the offical report, I would think.

Thanks for providing the link, Ben.
02-20-2009, 04:37 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
With now 3 of your replies in this thread, I will postpone my verdict that you only ignite the discussion and then leave it. We'll see.

btw, I am not sure we disagree. As you never defend what you say, I cannot know.

That's exactly my point. This matter is seriously serious So, when you bring it up to the table, be ready to defend it. I cannot proove or disproove that extraterrestic ufos exist. But at least, I can make transparent the logical and scientific implications and likelihood. What I did in other threads you brought up (not to be repeated here).

What I expect from you is as simple as this: Quote first hand evidences (collected from what must be your large collection of wisdom on the matter) and provide references to them. Evidences you found particularly compelling. So that we can check and make our minds up.

BTW, I looked up this Canadian repository. IMHO, only three noteworthy incidents and one photograph with an unidentifiable piece of wreck. Is this all for 40 years and a country as large as Canada? What is your expert opinion here?
As requested, here are some of the references from my library. Just a small sample. Not all listed:

-UFO's and the National Security State: Richard Dolan
-The Threat: David M. Jacobs Ph.d
-The Phoenix Lights Mystery: William F. Hamilton
-Above Top Secret: Timothy Good
-Alien Liaison: Timothy Good
-Secret Life: David M. Jacobs Ph.d
-The Day After Roswell: Colonel Philip J. Corso
-Alien Agenda: Jim Marrs
-Scientific Ufology: Kevin D. Randle Ph.d
-Disclosure: Dr. Steven M. Greer
-Whitley Strieber: Communion
-Open Skies Closed Mind's: Nick Pope
-Alien Dawn: Colin Wilson
-Sight Unseen: Budd Hopkins
-Need to Know: Timothy Good
-Unearthly Disclosure: Timothy Good
-The F.B.I. Files: Nicholas Redfern

Ben

PS: I suspect you read all 9500 files in the Canadian UFO Site...
02-20-2009, 06:23 AM   #12
Veteran Member

As requested, here are some of the references from my library. Just a small sample. Not all listed:

-UFO's and the National Security State: Richard Dolan
[...]
PS: I suspect you read all 9500 files in the Canadian UFO Site...
Ben, thanks for this list.
Those are all book references, right?
The problem with a book reference normally is that it is second or third source. What I meant were first source references for the, let's say, 6 or so most compelling incidences you are aware of.

I actually started to read into the 9500 files and found out that they are mostly records of people asking if they heard of ufos, too, and the like (most lacking a date or site). So, I had a closer look at the six cases highlighted on their map. Of those six cases, some could easily be hoaxes (like the 4 corn field circles). IMHO, three noteworthy incidences remain. Of those, I did a closer investigation about the "Shag Harbour, Nova Scotia, October 4, 1967" incidence which, I believe, stands out. But this latter case points much more towards a failed secret military operation than a crashed extraterrestrial ufo. It is interesting that: "There is no trace of the RCMP reports of this sighting in the files".

The most important bit of information I extracted from your link is this: It is astounding how little effort was/is put into the examination of even the most compelling incidences.
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I have been told BC has one of the best crops of marijuana in the world
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I have been told BC has one of the best crops of marijuana in the world
So is that jealousy or what? It's also the reason for the need to coin the word Grow-op. And is has given some municipalities the incentive to overstep their bounds for 'safety inspections' that result in completely innocent people without even a trace or hint of ever having a grow-op in the past, being inspected and then billed $5000. because their home was poorly insulated and was being heated by portable electric heaters creating a higher than normal electric bill which could only ever mean a grow-op.
02-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Here is an attempt at trying to explain SOME of the UFO sightings that have been reported:

Natural Explanation Found for UFOs