Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2009, 04:35 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Congratulations Gary =) I have no experience on this whatsoever so I'll just with you luck

Andi

02-22-2009, 05:00 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Congratulations, Gary.

I wish I could have been a father too, but destiny decided otherwise. Give the kids all the love I couldn't give to the ones I didn't have. Good luck.
02-22-2009, 05:11 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
See what happens Big Guy when the pressure off you let rip,Congrats from another aussie to a expatriate Brit.You will make a supreme dad with you determination along with your wife

I have 3 sons and like Taff tears where there for young and old

All the best your crazy rascal

cheers
02-22-2009, 05:28 AM   #19
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
To my friends on the forum I just wanted to pass on some news of a happy forthcoming event.
Congratulations Gary! That is great news.

Seaain

02-22-2009, 06:01 AM   #20
Veteran Member

That is awesome news! We are thrilled for you.

Congratulations!
02-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #21
Banned

congratulations my friend. you will make a fine father.
02-22-2009, 07:32 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations, you will be one cool dad! Reminds me of mine. He got me into this photography stuff.
thanks
barondla

02-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Congrats, Gary. You'll have your hands full in no time flat.

Question: Why Thailand?
02-22-2009, 07:48 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
To my friends on the forum I just wanted to pass on some news of a happy forthcoming event.

Some of you may remember that my wife and I have been going through the process of adopting a child from Thailand. We tried for four and a half years and were told that my wife was infertile.

Well we have been approved to adopt and our dossier has been sent to Thailand and now we are waiting.

In the meantime, despite my wife's 'infertility' I am happy, no F*&^ it, I am deliriously happy to announce that sometime in June my wife will be giving birth to our daughter. I haven't mentioned it sooner because my wife was nervous, due to her difficulties in getting pregnant in the first place. She is happy now we are past the half way point.

Unfortunately our adoption may be delayed until our daughter is old enough to travel but we are still going ahead with it as well.

Wish us luck.
Gary, I can't tell you how happy I am for you. We just had our first 17 months ago now (I think you've seen him? ) and let me tell you, life gets busy, but also better - incredibly, deeply fulfilling. Very, very happy for you.

You're going to put more importance on portrait lenses now, and low-light AF!

02-22-2009, 07:50 AM   #25
Veteran Member

AWESOME!!!!! congratulations !!! wishing you and the family well in this new chapter in your lives.
02-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Great news Gary!! To echo what everyone else has said: Congrats and best of luck!
02-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote

(You do realize this is a prime opportunity to load up on any camera gear you "need", don't you?)
I'm just quoting Mike here because he's got a very good point!
02-22-2009, 01:15 PM   #28
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Awesome news Gary!!! That is wonderful. Having a few of those kid things myself (but none of the girl variety) I feel qualified to say you're in for one heck of a ride.
02-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #29
Veteran Member

When I first saw the subject line, I had a feeling it was in relation to the adoption process, but I was thrilled to read that you've also got one "in the oven". I hope all will continue to go well with the pregnancy and the adoption process. Congratulations!

Heather
02-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Congratulations Gary - That's excellent news! Jay said about everything I would so I quoted him for effect ... (didja know he's got just the camera you'll be looking for! )
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Gary, I can't tell you how happy I am for you. We just had our first 17 months ago now (I think you've seen him? ) and let me tell you, life gets busy, but also better - incredibly, deeply fulfilling. Very, very happy for you.

You're going to put more importance on portrait lenses now, and low-light AF!
edit: egads there's a lot of smilies on this post !