Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats Gary -- that is excellent news indeed.

I'm sure you are getting bucket-loads of advice, but here are a few tips:

1) PACK NOW!!! Our first came a month early and I nearly forgot my camera in the rush to the hospital. She turns 1 on Thursday.

2) You now have an opportunity to upgrade your camera, and/or buy that portrait lens you have been drooling over without complaint from the Mrs. My K10d turned 1 in January.

3) Rest while you can because it's a wild joyous ride.

Congrats again!

02-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Congratulations to you and Ms. Gary! If I had known you wanted a child so badly, I would have given you 1 of my 2 sons -- your pick. They are 35 & 39, but they are both house broken. Actually, my older son and his wife went through the same thing as you guys. My DIL was told she would never get pregnant and they were investigating the invitro fertilization method and all of a sudden, she was pregnant with twins!!! Unfortunately, one of them didn't make it past the 6-week, but the other one (Keegan), will be 3 in October, and he is the apple of his Pop-Pop's eye. You can see him with his Nana in my avatar. Let me tell you, kids are wonderful!!
02-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Fantastic news, all the way around! Congrats on the upcoming birth AND the adoption, when it happens. What a wonderful dbl-blessing! All the best on all fronts!
02-22-2009, 08:02 PM   #34
graphicgr8s

Gary having a baby? Weird. For Damn Brit:
:ugh:

Oh yeah CONGRATULATIONS

02-23-2009, 03:06 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Gary - Congratulations to you and your wife on the pregnancy & adoption. Wishing you all the best & look forward to hearing the updates and viewing the "proud father photos".
02-23-2009, 04:49 AM   #36
Pentaxian

Great news! Congrats!! Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the pregnancy!!!

If it's a son you can call him "Pad Britt" and if it's a girl you can call her "Damn Brittany".
02-23-2009, 07:57 AM   #37
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Congratulations to you and Ms. Gary! If I had known you wanted a child so badly, I would have given you 1 of my 2 sons -- your pick. They are 35 & 39, but they are both house broken.
I would have offered the same except mine are soon to be 18 and 15. Both potty trained and computer literate. Still working on remembering their chores part, though.

Congratulations, anyway!! Kids are alot of fun.... watching them learn something new everyday is exciting!! There will be so many firsts and you'll have to catch every one of them with your camera.

02-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #38
Veteran Member

Fantastic news, congratulations and good luck to both of you !!!
02-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #39
Millionth Poster!
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congratulations on both accounts. My wife and I adopted a young boy from Ethiopia, wow three years ago!! A great experience for all my family and I am sure for yours also. Best of luck.
02-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #40
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Gary, that's fantastic news. A whole new shooting experience will be in your future Lots 'o luck!
02-23-2009, 09:32 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Fantastic news!! Congrats to both of you and I wish all the best for the last half
02-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gary, congratulations!!!! I am very, very happy for you and your wife. All my blessings!
02-23-2009, 10:14 AM   #43
Pentaxian

Congrats! I wish you and your family the best.
02-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #44

Congrats and the very best of luck to you both. Hope for the best and keep smiling.

Budu
02-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #45
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Gary,

That is the best news I've heard all day. Puts all the LBA, Pentax rumors, and sad news into perspective.

Like most parents here, I get a great deal of joy out others images of their kids. (That means you Josh )

I look forward to your images now as well.

Good luck and all the best.

Dale
Thanks Dale

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
OMGooooooodness... good for you Gary. All my very best to you and your better half. I hope everyone stays healthy and happy.

GOOD ONY MATE!
Thanks mate.

QuoteOriginally posted by Taff Quote
WOW CONGRATULATIONS MATE
I am sure You will make a wonderful Dad, and your wife a wonderful Mum.
I have seen 4 of my own come into this world and each brought tears to my eyes and the 4 biggest smiles I have ever smiled.
I wish you all the best with the rest of the pregnancy and the future with your new Son or Daughter.
Great One Gary

Taff
Cheers Taff, I don't think we'll achieve four status though. Maybe three (one more of our own after the adoption.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
I'm very happy for you on both the pregnancy and the progress on the adoption front. My wife and I had problems on the young'un front and I can empathize with both your past frustrations and your current elation.

My son was born 10 days after our 8th anniversary. I asked my wife if the help from the medical community was a permanent fix or if she would have to be "jump-started" with a fresh round of treatment for future pregnancies. She never bothered to ask the doctor and so just a few months after our son was born we discovered the answer on our own. He has a sister just 17 months younger.

(You do realize this is a prime opportunity to load up on any camera gear you "need", don't you?)
Thanks Mike and a belated congratulations to you (twice over) don't worry, I've been stocking up for a while now.

QuoteOriginally posted by timbo13 Quote
wow, great news Gary!
Thanks Timbo.