Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
Damn Brit

A happy announcement

To my friends on the forum I just wanted to pass on some news of a happy forthcoming event.

Some of you may remember that my wife and I have been going through the process of adopting a child from Thailand. We tried for four and a half years and were told that my wife was infertile.

Well we have been approved to adopt and our dossier has been sent to Thailand and now we are waiting.

In the meantime, despite my wife's 'infertility' I am happy, no F*&^ it, I am deliriously happy to announce that sometime in June my wife will be giving birth to our daughter. I haven't mentioned it sooner because my wife was nervous, due to her difficulties in getting pregnant in the first place. She is happy now we are past the half way point.

Unfortunately our adoption may be delayed until our daughter is old enough to travel but we are still going ahead with it as well.

Wish us luck.

02-20-2009, 09:14 PM   #2
Veteran Member

All the best to you and your kid. You will be a great dad to have. Hope your wife is going through the whole scenario with an ease of mind.

Pick a good date that depicts a suitable date for adoption or meeting that you will meet the child. Then everything will fall into places naturally
02-20-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Super great fantastic news Gives me hope for my friend who is going through the same infertility issues with his wife... it seems to be more common than I had previously thought.

I wish you and your family the best and make sure to spend lots of time spoiling your children and being the best poppa you can be.
02-21-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
congrats and good luck, my first is now 10.5 months... lots of fun and crying

02-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Awesome news Gary! Best wishes on a smooth second half and delivery for the first baby, and a fine outcome for the adoption in Thailand!

Cheers,
Marc
02-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #6
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
All the best to you and your kid. You will be a great dad to have. Hope your wife is going through the whole scenario with an ease of mind.

Pick a good date that depicts a suitable date for adoption or meeting that you will meet the child. Then everything will fall into places naturally
Thanks for your kind words James. Unfortunately as far as choosing a date, we have no control, we just have to wait for the agencies involved to get their act together and offer us a child.

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
Super great fantastic news Gives me hope for my friend who is going through the same infertility issues with his wife... it seems to be more common than I had previously thought.

I wish you and your family the best and make sure to spend lots of time spoiling your children and being the best poppa you can be.
Chris, thanks for that. I've sent you a PM regarding your friend and his wife.

QuoteOriginally posted by joele Quote
congrats and good luck, my first is now 10.5 months... lots of fun and crying
Thanks Joele, I may be asking you some questions in a few months time (like how do you carry a camera bag and a baby at the same time)

QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Awesome news Gary! Best wishes on a smooth second half and delivery for the first baby, and a fine outcome for the adoption in Thailand!

Cheers,
Marc
Thanks Marc, we appreciate it.
02-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Gary,

That is the best news I've heard all day. Puts all the LBA, Pentax rumors, and sad news into perspective.

Like most parents here, I get a great deal of joy out others images of their kids. (That means you Josh )

I look forward to your images now as well.

Good luck and all the best.

Dale

02-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #8
Veteran Member

OMGooooooodness... good for you Gary. All my very best to you and your better half. I hope everyone stays healthy and happy.

GOOD ONY MATE!
02-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WOW CONGRATULATIONS MATE
I am sure You will make a wonderful Dad, and your wife a wonderful Mum.
I have seen 4 of my own come into this world and each brought tears to my eyes and the 4 biggest smiles I have ever smiled.
I wish you all the best with the rest of the pregnancy and the future with your new Son or Daughter.
Great One Gary

Taff
02-22-2009, 02:49 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I'm very happy for you on both the pregnancy and the progress on the adoption front. My wife and I had problems on the young'un front and I can empathize with both your past frustrations and your current elation.

My son was born 10 days after our 8th anniversary. I asked my wife if the help from the medical community was a permanent fix or if she would have to be "jump-started" with a fresh round of treatment for future pregnancies. She never bothered to ask the doctor and so just a few months after our son was born we discovered the answer on our own. He has a sister just 17 months younger.

(You do realize this is a prime opportunity to load up on any camera gear you "need", don't you?)
02-22-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
Veteran Member

wow, great news Gary!
02-22-2009, 04:14 AM   #12
Veteran Member

congrats!

although.... hmmm

so the docs said your wife was infertile, yet she's now cooking up a baby.... clearly the answer to this is aliens!
02-22-2009, 04:15 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Fantastic news!!! Nothing better than that!

Diaper bags make great camera bags by the way. A couple of diapers at the bottom cushion the cam... but unless there's serious breast feeding going on, the vertical slot that's just right for a tele will be occupied by a bottle
02-22-2009, 04:19 AM   #14
Inactive Account

Congrats Gary! I wish you and the Missus all the best. The anticipation and pre-birth stuff is great fun, too.

Now you have to get a nursery ready! Start painting!
02-22-2009, 04:23 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Wish us luck.
The very best of luck..

Congratulations.

dave