Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2009, 09:11 PM   #121
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
A few cents worth from an outsider...

Thats YOUR interpretation, obviously other peoples interpretation differ.

a bible.

Pat
Actually that is what was taught in Social Studies (*what is now called History) back in the early 70's. In public school. In New York. But I fully realize that the history I was taught is totally wrong ever since it was rewritten during the 90's

03-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #122
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
Why is it people and especially certain bureaucrats miss the "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" in the 1st amendment? The U.S. wasn't established as a Godless nation by Godless men.
03-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #123
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Why is it people and especially certain bureaucrats miss the "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" in the 1st amendment? The U.S. wasn't established as a Godless nation by Godless men.
The same way they think the preamble also pertains to noncitizens. But don't worry this administration will run roughshod over it anyway
03-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #124
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ve2vfd Quote
It's becoming pretty sad isn't it...

Pat
I went to the fights the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Some would say, just don't click on the link if you don't want to read it, but seriously, this is a camera and photography forum. If I wanted political and religious shit, I'd go to a political and religious shit forum.
This thread, should be closed, and the forum monitored for this kind of crap so that it can be nipped in the bud.

Perhaps we should start quoting the Qur'an and Bin Laden when they start this foolishness.

03-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #125
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I went to the fights the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Some would say, just don't click on the link if you don't want to read it, but seriously, this is a camera and photography forum. If I wanted political and religious shit, I'd go to a political and religious shit forum.
This thread, should be closed, and the forum monitored for this kind of crap so that it can be nipped in the bud.

Perhaps we should start quoting the Qur'an and Bin Laden when they start this foolishness.
You answered it yourself just don't click on the link if you don't want to read it. Seems people do enjoy it since it's gone quite a few pages though.
By the same reasoning you use above then Taff shouldn't post about his breakup, Gary shouldn't post about his upcoming bundle of joy just to name two of the things that are not specifically related to cameras and photography. And I am reasonably sure you may have some threads or posts that aren't related to cameras and photography. Should those also be banned or nipped in the bud?

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 03-03-2009 at 10:30 PM.
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM   #126
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
You answered it yourself just don't click on the link if you don't want to read it. Seems people do enjoy it since it's gone quite a few pages though.
By the same reasoning you use above then Taff shouldn't post about his breakup, Gary shouldn't post about his upcoming bundle of joy just to name two of the things that are not specifically related to cameras and photography. And I am reasonably sure you may have some threads or posts that aren't related to cameras and photography. Should those also be banned or nipped in the bud?
One of the unspoken rules of every forum I've ever been on is that politics and/or religion are not topics of conversation, unless the forum is specifically related to politics and religion.
This is because politics and religion are "hot topics" which tend to bring out the worst in people.
Your first post, comparing your own president to the former (and illegally deposed in a criminal war) president of Iraq with your childish font game crossed the line from the get go from civil conversation to outright a-hole.
This is an international photography forum, Americentric bullshit politics has no place on it.
As far as Gary and Taff's personal threads go, both are human interest threads and neither one is pushing anyone's buttons. Political bashing threads by small minded idiots are in the worst interest to the international nature of this forum.
Find a forum dedicated to the subject and take this crap to it.
03-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #127
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think it's time to move on. This ones done.

Closed Thread