Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 160 Likes Search this Thread
02-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine is just a color . . . that I have used several times and have stuck with it has a result.

02-26-2009, 07:40 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

Mine is boring... First & middle initials and last name... not "Mr. Riley" like some people assume.

My "business" name is more interesting... :Carpe Luminous" is sort of bastardized latin for "Seize the Light," which is basically what photography is all about. I came up with it after I got onto PF and its just too much trouble to change once you have established yourself.

Mike
02-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #33
Inactive Account

Contraction of Stage Manager, which is what I do in my free time.
Been involved with Community Theatre for many years.
First started using stgmgr about 20 years ago when I had to come up with a handle to play NTN Trivia. Been using it ever since.
02-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Mine came from having a son in the Iowa State University Marching Band Though it's a bit long to keep typing in, and he's graduated, so I may change it to the shorter name I use on other forums like DeviantArt, "RoxnDox". My wife's a physician, I have a couple of geology degrees and work for the USGS, you figure it out!

Jim

EDIT: as you can see, I *DID* ask Adam to change me over. Plus I uploaded an avatar pic I created from a Dr Who Time Lords website graphic (it's the symbol for Gallifrey, home planet of the Time Lords) - Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 02-27-2009 at 09:50 AM.
02-26-2009, 08:03 AM   #35
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Back in the early '90's when we first got our computer, I had to come up with a username. My friend's username at the time was Technosyko and after much thinking of trying to come up with something really creative, it became 'Wildnsyko'. And yeah, it fits my personality to a tee, says my husband.
02-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #36
Veteran Member

I've been a wedding DJ for over 14 years. When I first started I was working for a company called Starshowz...(evil company) and quit working there after a lot of junk went down. Well. after leaving a good friend of my named Tom asked if I would be interested in doing it on our own.

Now, I'm also a swing dancer and I use to wear a fadoria all over the place. Well for our first gig, Tom convinced me to reinact the Blues Brothers routine "Soul Man". We didn't know what we were doing at first but it got so much attention that we had the staff at the hall along with the manager watching us. Needless to say we kept doing the routine and it got more and more popular.

I was playing the part of Elwood and Tom played the part of Jake.

When I got my first email account I wanted to use the name Elwood but it was taken. After some thought I chose Heyelwood as if someone was saying "Hey Elwood" and it stuck.

There you go
02-26-2009, 09:19 AM - 2 Likes   #37
Inactive Account

... because I bleed blue.

GO LEAFS GO

02-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am using my flea-Bay name.

When I signed up for fleaBay I randomly chose a name from a randomly generated list of available names.
02-26-2009, 09:48 AM   #39
Pentaxian

My job is a truck refrigeration mechanic which I have done for 35 years. I worked for many years for a company called Northway Reefer Service and all my biker friends call me Reefer because years ago all the large motorcycle rallys rented refrigerated storage trailers from my old boss and I was the repair guy who set it up at the site and fixed it if broke. I use Reeftool as my email address, AIM name and just about everywhere online. The term Reefer has a somewhat different meaning outside the transportation industry.
02-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #40
PDL
Pentaxian

Some of us did this a while ago.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/1546-how-did-you-come-up-your-handle.html

The Elitist - formerly known as PDL
02-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #41
Pentaxian

My profession...

Forensic chemist for 15 years now..
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM   #42
Veteran Member

It's simply my ham radio call letters... I use it on almost every forum I am on.

I've been inactive as a ham for 10 years (I lost interest) but keep my license and equipment "just in case".

Pat
02-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #43
Pentaxian

I'm one of the simple guys: it's my first name.
(and no, my last name isn't Simpson)
But simple is good isn't it?
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #44
Veteran Member

File Transfer Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Addiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there you have it. Stupid, nay?

I'd probably be "fluffypenguin" nowadays, if I had the possibility of changing my name. Just for lolz.
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
File Transfer Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Addiction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there you have it. Stupid, nay?

I'd probably be "fluffypenguin" nowadays, if I had the possibility of changing my name. Just for lolz.
he did it for the lulz

LULZ!