Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
I'm using 4GB SD cards (not SDHC) from Transcend in my K10D, works like a charm, costs US$42, come with a lifetime warranty. These cards do not work in my Optio WPi, though.
Ok so they do work haha. But I heard the older dslrs don't support over 2 GB right?

04-05-2007, 10:45 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Ok so they do work haha. But I heard the older dslrs don't support over 2 GB right?
Many don't. Some have firmware updates that give you the ability to use SDHC cards.
04-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FotoPete Quote
Haha buy a china brand name. :P You can go wrong with those! Like Kingmax, they make high speed cards too.
Pete,

Yeah...they make cards. But whom did they steal the trade secrets from or which company did they decide to screw and do a "private" production overrun for?????

Calloway Golf, ever an American company looking to make a buck more on profits, contracted with a Chinese company to produce their Big Bertha (?)...end problem was that after meeting production quotas the Asian production site kept on making "their" version of the product. They flooded the market with highend looking clubs with short longevity clubs. The fraud cost Calloway a ton.

The product looked and felt so "Callowayish" that even Calloway Golf could not tell the difference until they completely dissected the club in their own labs. There are probablymore fake Calloway BB drivers on the market than reall ones....would you buy one?

So, make a buck, lose a million, damage your reputation forever...seems to be the problem with many companies doing business with some of the less scrupulous manufacturers in China.

Stephen
04-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I've certainly had my share of negative experiences with eBay. And I've had a couple of experiences with revenge/retaliatory feedback.

In one case, the seller told me the item was not "in stock" two weeks after the auction. When he finally responded to email almost a month later, I was told the colour was no longer available but would ship another colour (ordered black, offered tan camouflage). I asked for a refund. When he next responded almost two weeks later, was told there was a severe shortage in the USA, but expected soon (completely ignored refund request). Asked for refund again. Two weeks later, after hearing nothing more, posted negative feedback. In response, he claimed in his feedback that my check bounced (paid by PayPal), was late, and I was entirely unreasonable and argumentative.

Anyway, rather than going into the other (a "like-new" printer arriving with nothing inside - the case alone with guts stripped for parts or something), let me simply say I now have nothing more to do with eBay. I closed my account over two years ago, closing my PayPal account along with it.

stewart

04-17-2007, 01:53 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scg Quote
Pete,

Yeah...they make cards. But whom did they steal the trade secrets from or which company did they decide to screw and do a "private" production overrun for?????

Calloway Golf, ever an American company looking to make a buck more on profits, contracted with a Chinese company to produce their Big Bertha (?)...end problem was that after meeting production quotas the Asian production site kept on making "their" version of the product. They flooded the market with highend looking clubs with short longevity clubs. The fraud cost Calloway a ton.

The product looked and felt so "Callowayish" that even Calloway Golf could not tell the difference until they completely dissected the club in their own labs. There are probablymore fake Calloway BB drivers on the market than reall ones....would you buy one?

So, make a buck, lose a million, damage your reputation forever...seems to be the problem with many companies doing business with some of the less scrupulous manufacturers in China.

Stephen
Haha yep thats true. In the end, its how they make money. Quotas issued are usually very small and not enough to sustain the company and competition is very high so when companies outsource to China, over production past quota gives them a fighting chance. Like how much would say Nike pay factory workers in China only to place those shoes in our shopping malls for hundreds of dollars? These guys despite making Nikes are probably making just as much as the shop next door making sandals. Buy producing past quota, they are able to keep much more of the revenue. Unfortunately it ain't that perfect as the businesses are like to be really shady and the factory head probably treats his employees like s**t regardless.

Anyhow, I'm not a golf nerd but hey...if it hits the ball the same in all its aspects...as a consumer, you pay less. Isn't that better? Of course then there's Calloway suffering financially because people went to buy the cheaper clubs.