Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2009, 03:06 AM   #46
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
if the 10K car is statistically stolen often in your area, costs more to fix and replace parts, and is statistiaclly involved in more collisions than other cars
Sure ....
I'm talking about same risk profile (except for insured values) but what you say is even more reason for a sliding scale of fees, smaller % for larger sums.

04-03-2009, 03:32 AM   #47
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kguru Quote
I recently had two bad deals on Ebay where sellers (with 100+ positive feedbacks) just disappeared. Both times Paypal refunded me the full amounts. So I understand the reason Paypal has to charge fees.
Don't spose any of these sellers had names along the lines of "fotografikas" or "fotomatika"?

I've got a guy trying to give me the slip, like that. Changed his name about a week ago, now reason - but he still shows up on my list of won auctions.
04-03-2009, 09:21 AM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Don't spose any of these sellers had names along the lines of "fotografikas" or "fotomatika"?
No the person was trading by the name of Morgan Jackson, INC. About a week after paying got an email from seller saying they had problems with a burst pipe in the basement hence all shipments were being delayed. Gave it another week still nothing, looked up his feedback, suddenly about 20 negatives flooded in in one day. Obviously the burst pipe email was just tactic to delay buyers from taking action. To Paypal's credit all I needed do was a 5-line report pointing out 20 other people were having same problem. Got my full refund after the mandatory 3-week period for their "investigation".