Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Whining and whinging - two valid words with slightly different meanings here.
You could tell them about "yeah, nah"... but I think their heads might explode...

03-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #17
Banned

Well, you were a little obnoxious with some of your posts over on POTN. But hey, your still on this forum
03-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #18
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
That's a valid word in Uklandish, a quaint regional variant of English spoken on some small islands in the North Atlantic. Let us strive to be tolerant of the quirks of others, that they may in turn be tolerant of our own.
Glad you said that Mike. I live on a small island in the North Atlantic and have been known to speak Uklandish if there's enough beer in the room. Then some fool made me a moderator. When I am speaking Uklandish, I'll ban whiners at will....
03-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Thumper Quote
Well, you were a little obnoxious with some of your posts over on POTN. But hey, your still on this forum
With no warnings, mind you. I really don't think I was that annoying on POTN.

03-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cpopham Quote
You could tell them about "yeah, nah"... but I think their heads might explode...
Start off with "choice, eh, bro?"
03-13-2009, 01:23 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cpopham Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Start off with "choice, eh, bro?"
Those two literally had me LOLing!!!

What a dag!
03-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Glad you said that Mike. I live on a small island in the North Atlantic and have been known to speak Uklandish if there's enough beer in the room. Then some fool made me a moderator. When I am speaking Uklandish, I'll ban whiners at will....
As an American I have had the luxury of being blissfully unaware of the distinction(s) between English, British, Scottish, etc. When I left the U.S. and had occasion to bump into those nice folks I found myself being corrected for misuses so I just coined the term "Ukland" as a convenient catch-all.