Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not a moderator in site....

break out the refreshments. Please remember, smoking is not allowed indoors. Have fun.

Tim

03-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

you think the mods dont have spies, HA!
03-11-2009, 01:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Tim, we do come to the forum without logging on at times. For me, I have 3 work computers for me to use...

I got friends to pm me who is doing what as well. Gossip is a powerful tool in the net...
03-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #4
Banned

what is the point of this thread?

03-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
what's the point of this post?
03-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The point of the thread is that there is a thing called freedom of speech being hotly debated earlier on last year. The angry forum members are upset with the way that everything has been censored in the forum blah blah blah.

So when freedom of speech is given to the forum members, there are people who want strictly photography talks here. This section called General talk is basicly for people to channel some babbling to this area regardless what the topics are. I think Adam has been generous enough for people to have a say in this forum but this does not mean that we all like this...

If you are asking me about my personal opinion regarding most threads in this forum, it has been long dismissed by many where some have been spamming my message account with politically inccorect messages.
03-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #7
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
what's the point of this post?

to get the OP to give a valid reason for starting this thread. it wasn't a rhetorical question, despite how it looks.

03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member

a sly attempt at humor with regards to the recent increases in general moderator prescence and action.

since you can see who is watching which forum, atupdate used an opportunity when no moderator was looking to make a joke.

i found it funny
03-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
you think the mods dont have spies, HA!
HA! HA! he's right!

We have spies, super spies, mince pies, spice racks and don't even get me started on agents... we got reagents, travel agents, estate agents, secret agents, double agents, even some octuple agents.

OH! and there's also the Romulan Cloaking Device we have available so that we can watch in stealth mode.
03-11-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I think we've been caught having unsupervised fun. Oh well, back to your regularly scheduled programing.

Tim
03-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I think that this forum is much nicer and more laid back than another "specific" forum. I was actually banned from that other forum yesterday, and the reason that was given was that I whined too much. I wasn't aware that it was against the rules, but apparently it was. To keep things in perspective though, I joined both forums at the same time, and I had the same amount of posts there as here. For some reason I've never had any kind of infraction or warning here, yet on that forum I had recieved over 12 before my banning. Maybe you should go check it out before you say that censorship is prevalent here. At least we have a General Talk section here.
03-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
When I signed on at 4 PM and went to the list of forums, there wasn't a single moderator or administrator signed in (Moderators are in Bold and Admin's are in Bold Red I believe). I thought that since the parents were away that we should have a little party. It didn't take long to get caught with chips and dip on the carpet.

Tim
03-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #13
Veteran Member

The Invisibility Cloak trumps all so my advice is to guard your weapons jealously lest someone write an agent to monitor and neutralize all of your agents! Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
HA! HA! he's right!

We have spies, super spies, mince pies, spice racks and don't even get me started on agents... we got reagents, travel agents, estate agents, secret agents, double agents, even some octuple agents.

OH! and there's also the Romulan Cloaking Device we have available so that we can watch in stealth mode.
03-11-2009, 05:29 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
If you are asking me about my personal opinion regarding most threads in this forum, it has been long dismissed by many where some have been spamming my message account with politically inccorect messages.
Apparently, there must be politically incorrect participants who have too much time and too little humour. As someone once said, "F**k 'em if they can't take a joke...." Dave