Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All I can say is.......... UNBELIEVABLE!!! He has to be joking.

Blue : Australia for sale?? Thought it already had been sold, Overseas Companies own most of it now anyway, I believe

03-13-2009, 12:31 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by slomojoe Quote
Greenland's thawing, should probably look like Jamaica by the end of the next decade. Also it's probably the only major landmass where pentaxians would outnumber the local population. We can take them, I think.

It was thawing when Eric the Red's people settled there but it froze back up and wiped out their settlements. But they didn't have solar panels, wind mills etc.
03-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
All I can say is.......... UNBELIEVABLE!!! He has to be joking.

Blue : Australia for sale?? Thought it already had been sold, Overseas Companies own most of it now anyway, I believe
Yes Bruce, it was a joke. If it is any consolation, the U.S. has been sold so many times it is hard to keep track. First it was the English (mid to late 1800s), then the Germans, then the Japanese, now the Chinese . . .
03-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
We need a landmass Americans have trouble finding on the map... so they wont bother us as much.

Maybe Canada?
Are you saying we Americans can't find our 51st state?

03-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jodokast96 Quote
Are you saying we Americans can't find our 51st state?
State? I thought this was going to be a country.
03-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Is Australia for sale?
Maybe. How much are you offering?
03-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Common guys... all politicians have to do something to justify their ever increasing, always obscene, salaries!

/sarcasm off

03-14-2009, 12:04 AM   #23
Damn Brit

Tits and arses are blurred on TV, now earth is going to be blurred. This has to be a conspiracy, I bet the opticians are behind it.
03-14-2009, 01:29 AM   #24
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
Greenland! Perfect, i'm sure they can use a population boost, with todays technology we can build self sufficient under-snow-ice-castles!

*side note, i remember bout a year or two ago, there was an old missile silo somewhere in the states that sold for 2-3 million dollars, this gigantic underground complex of tunnels and dome stations.

kewl
Gooshin the missile silo conversions have been going on for a while now. They usually have a house built over them, and the underground section finished to whatever extent the buyer wants. I want one very badly.
Missile Base Properties for Sale.

I think the legislation would set a bad precedent. There have also been attacks on malls, parks, private residences, and numerous other places. It implies that, the only criteria needed, to criminalize providing detailed photographs of a location, is that it's a potential target for a terrorist attack. It's strictly meant to attack Google for now, because he's pissed off at them, but it can potentially be skewed in the future. And, used as a foundation for stricter legislation.

I suppose it would be too much, to ask the, English, Irish, and Scottish, to leave their little island, so we can set up Pentaxia(or whatever you wanna call it) there.
03-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
Maybe. How much are you offering?
It depends on if I can get the Chinese to swing the mortgage!