Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I'm still at it, too. I'm down 16 kilos from when I started on the 3rd week of January. So it's working out to be a kilo a week (2.2 pounds for the folks in the US) for a total of 35 pounds so far. I've a long way to go but feel good with my progress thus far.

04-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #32
Damn Brit

Good for you Jeff.
04-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good work Dave. You are an inspiration to others, including myself.
04-16-2009, 07:19 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Great work Jeff ! That is a very healthy pace

Thanks Frank appreacite the comments. I have kind of hit a plateau now last couple of weeks - need to do more or at least something different - if this damn snow would go away I could try haha.

05-16-2009, 06:25 PM   #35
Inactive Account

Not sure how everyone is doing towards their goal of better health and less weight. Personally, as of this morning, I am down 47 pounds - and still shrinking. Had to break down and buy pants that fit.

I'm strictly dieting so far. When I hit 100 kilos (220 lbs) I plan on entering 'stage II' of my 1 year plan - exercise! I should be there in 5 or 6 weeks. Then more weight loss and toning.

How's everyone else doing?
05-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #36
Damn Brit

Dave and Jeff, are you interested in forming a 'skinny bastards' usergroup?
I'm already skinny so I'd like to join.
05-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #37
Veteran Member

great job guys. I am at the end of the contest I was in. Not going to "win" the mone but I do WIN with the fact I have lost 41 pounds I can live with that and hope to lose another 10 our so over the next few months. GOOD WORK ALL!!

05-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #38
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
great job guys. I am at the end of the contest I was in. Not going to "win" the mone but I do WIN with the fact I have lost 41 pounds I can live with that and hope to lose another 10 our so over the next few months. GOOD WORK ALL!!
You're welcome to join as well Pat.

BTW, in case anyone thought I was being a little cruel, I was 210 lbs in my middle teens.
05-17-2009, 02:46 AM   #39
Inactive Account

Great news Pat! I don't know where you started but losing 41 pounds is significant by my standards.

Gary, I've been thin but never skinny. I'm 6'1" and weighed about 185 pounds in my early 20's and felt great. After I reached 40 years of age I seemed to gain 5 pounds a year and I just felt lousy. A month before my 55th birthday I tipped the scales at 282! Now after losing almost 50 pounds in 5 months I am finding I have a lot more energy and generally feel pretty damn good. My 1 year goal is to get my weight under 200 pounds and be healthy. People that haven't seen me in a few months are really shocked at my current appearance. It's kind of amusing, really.

I'm half way there.
05-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #40
Damn Brit

Weight is just the by product of an unhealthy lifestyle in most cases. It's a tough nut to crack but once it's cracked, new doors are opened and life no longer seems so short.
I'm really proud to know you Losers (weight that is) that have kept to your guns and also been open enough to tell us about your experiences.
05-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #41
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Way cool I have dropped 40lbs and now fluctuate between 220 - 225. Not going as hard as I was but I am much more active in the summer months but the beer consumption goes up as well. I have taken it realtivley easy the last 3 weeks, but I was on a 6 day a week workout for about 17 weeks.

Diet has changed - like Jeff I had to buy new clothes (went from a 42 inch waist to a 36) so life is still good :-) I have never bought new clothes before that is just a part of making sure this one last.

Gary I would love to join your club but I am not sure I was ever considered Skinny

Jeff 47 pounds my belt tightens for you no doubt you needed new closthes and Pat you won even without winning.
05-20-2009, 03:10 AM   #42
Inactive Account

Way to go Dave; 40 pounds is significant indeed!

I can only dream of a 36 in waist ... for now anyway.

I filled a garbage bag with all my 44 in. pants and 2X and 3X shirts and dropped it off at a local spot that recycles clothes.
I am not going back to being that fat ever again!

My goal is to get under 200 pounds and stay healthy. I will succeed!
05-20-2009, 07:54 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Jeff - well that is 36 inch Jeans I should say which usually tend to run big haha - have not acutally measured my waist - once you reach your goal I'll bet you jean size will be 32 - 34

I am motivated again and will get back at the workout routines next week. The #&#*^ weather has been depressing here - no bike rides or walks the last few weeks as it is just not nice. I have a couple of trips one late June , one in Mid July (holiday type trips wahooo) that I want to get down another 5 pounds if I can.

Your 47lbs wieght loss is impressive just by diet (but I'll bet you are moving around more even walking or getting out with all this new found energy).

I also vow to never be fat again - just phat
05-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #44
Veteran Member

If you want to try something to "push" the plateau a little, try 40 minutes of low intensity cardio (keep your heart rate at no more than 70% MHR), first thing in the morning on an empty, or nearly empty stomach (no more than 10g protein shake).

Follow that by a post workout shake or meal within 30 minutes.

It's very commonly (and succesfully) used by many bodybuilders who want to shed some fat fast, without wasting any muscle. I used that method when I was heavily into bodybuilding, and am using it now as I have a few "winter pounds" to shed

Here is a quote from a respected user on a bodybuilding forum I am a member of:

QuoteQuote:
For the first 20 minutes of activity, the body use glycogen in the liver and the muscles for energy. When the body's glycogen runs out, the second option becomes for the body to break down amino acid into glycogen. However, after 20 minutes, and if the activity continued at a low-moderate pace (60-75% of MHR) then the body will use stored fat for energy.
Pat
05-20-2009, 09:57 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Thanks Jeff - well that is 36 inch Jeans I should say which usually tend to run big haha - have not acutally measured my waist - once you reach your goal I'll bet you jean size will be 32 - 34

I am motivated again and will get back at the workout routines next week. The #&#*^ weather has been depressing here - no bike rides or walks the last few weeks as it is just not nice. I have a couple of trips one late June , one in Mid July (holiday type trips wahooo) that I want to get down another 5 pounds if I can.

Your 47lbs wieght loss is impressive just by diet (but I'll bet you are moving around more even walking or getting out with all this new found energy).

I also vow to never be fat again - just phat
If you want to stay "slim & trim", you better stay out of the donut shop!