Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM   #61
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Sorry to stir this particular pot, but when did Canada become part of "America" (I presume you mean the USA).
Or does the word Canada only mean Toronto in your world?
i was going to make a separate post indicating that i meant America when i say "you're", since you are arguing their position i didnt want to make my arguments word heavy, and since the thread died down i figured there was no point.

your original presumption was right, your follow up statement is unnecessary.

Last edited by Gooshin; 03-17-2009 at 12:51 PM.
03-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
I think that was the point I was trying, but failed, to make. If the police had just started cracking open the skulls of the people who were actively engaged in destruction of property or who were actually assaulting the police, I'd be a lot more sympathetic. However in the first video, it appeared that the police were deliberately targeting people with cameras rather than the people who were actually threatening their safety.
I'm not going to comment on the second video, as once matters get to the point where people are committing arson, it's a fools game to be anywhere nearby.
What?? Really? The police should have used more force?? Thank you for illustrating so clearly that the police CAN NOT win no matter their actions.
03-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #63

Let's see, hundreds of protestors and twenty photographers equals a group of photographers. A rioter with a camera isn't a rioter, he's a photographer. A man with a camera hitting you isn't a problem, it's a photo op.

If you want to be in the front lines of a protest you will get pepper sprayed. It's a choice. And a photographer showing up in a helmet and gas mask is clearly planning on photographing a peaceful protest.

Humbug.
03-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by code4code5 Quote
What?? Really? The police should have used more force?? Thank you for illustrating so clearly that the police CAN NOT win no matter their actions.
To me it appeared that the police deliberately targeted people with cameras before targeting the people who were actually at the front banging on their shields.
I'm not saying they should have used more force or less force, I'm just saying that to me it appeared that the police were not actually targeting the people who were causing the problem.

03-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #65
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by patrickt Quote
Let's see, hundreds of protestors and twenty photographers equals a group of photographers. A rioter with a camera isn't a rioter, he's a photographer. A man with a camera hitting you isn't a problem, it's a photo op.

If you want to be in the front lines of a protest you will get pepper sprayed. It's a choice. And a photographer showing up in a helmet and gas mask is clearly planning on photographing a peaceful protest.

Humbug.
Or, he could be a smart photographer who knows damned well that the police are going to overstep their limits and pepper spray the people who are trying to record the riot rather than the rioters themselves.