Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jack,
Your house does look better with the garage doors. I'm in agreement with those who say that you could use something between the doors. I would second the suggestion for putting the house number there, but you might want to add an attractive light fixture there, as well. In addition to the aesthetic benefits, it could also be an enhancement to nighttime security, especially if you can find one with an auto switch that turns on by itself at dark.

My second suggestion would be to keep the back porch--it's so nice to have a mosquito-free place to sit outside during the summer. If I were in your shoes, I would simply take down the screening at the back of the garage (just in front of the car) and put up another wall like you did for the side, using the same siding as the back wall for your porch.

On a general note, at least for several of you, it appears to be about time for some serious spring cleaning. A few weeks ago, I cleaned out my closet and got rid of at least half of my clothes that either didn't fit or I just didn't like anymore and it was definitely a freeing experience.

For those of you with tools, boats, cars, and other expensive items to spare, think of all the money you could be getting for this extra stuff. You could turn right around and take that money and buy more camera gear! Think of it as fuel for your LBA and CBA desires. Camera gear takes up less space than many power tools and anything with a gas or diesel engine-hehe!

Just think about it...
Heather

03-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #32
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
ownd

Getting your ass served to you on a silver platter.

source: urban dictionary

Photo example:

Why am I owned?

Heather as for the power tools, race cars, fast boats, it's a man thing. You wouldn't understand. (guess I SHOULD put an emoticon here. But I wont.)
03-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Heather thats a good idea about the light, I am putting the house numbers back up around there.
The wife wants to keep the screens the way they are for guests that smoke, since we have never smoked in the house since it was built. We both quit 5 years ago this July.
I have a back porch on the Mother-In-Law suite that has a roof but it's not screened in yet, when I get that done I'll complete the garage and take down the screen.
There is a half bath in the screened in area also that has our Hot Water Heater and Freezer.
I also put a ceiling fan in the screened in area so It's nice to sit there and read.
Thanks everyone for the nice things you've said and the Ideas.
Jack