Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #16
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
It's not available where I am, but I can give you an all-purpose meta-tweet right here and now:

1. I'm at work, doing something boring.
2. I'm online with you knuckleheads.
3. I'm asleep.

That made my day.

Call me an old fart but I HATE the name of the service and the act of "Tweeting". It sounds soo bloody juvenile.....

04-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am a twitter whore, I just follow everyone.
Saelee (Saelee) on Twitter
04-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #18

No, I don't twitter, or tweet, or IM, or whatever it's called these days. Honestly, I can hardly keep up with the few blogs and messgeboards that I do frequent. I've thought about starting a blog for more than a year now, but keep putting it off because I can't think of what I'd actually put in it, or who in the world would actually be interested in reading it.
04-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #19

NATHAN CARR (howlowcanyago) on Twitter

04-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #20
Veteran Member

I've got a presence on Facebook, but Twitter does sound intriguing. I'll sign up if anybody can give me a good reason why I should both Facebook and Tweet.

If you've got several blogs that you like to keep up with, but feel overwhelmed with having to visit each and every page, check out Bloglines (http://www.bloglines.com/). Once you've got all the blogs that you're interested in all in one place, it's easy to keep up with--similar to reading a newspaper.

Heather
04-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
That made my day.

Call me an old fart but I HATE the name of the service and the act of "Tweeting". It sounds soo bloody juvenile.....
Plaxo, Linked-In, FaceBook, Twitter. Ugh.

I don't care if you all know when I am here, but I don't want anyone else to know when I am here - or there - or anywhere.
04-05-2009, 05:59 PM   #22
Veteran Member

My twitter

Pat De Gagne (ve2vfd) on Twitter

Pat

04-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Mike you have not updated recently. Can we get another update
04-06-2009, 02:48 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Mike you have not updated recently. Can we get another update
2. Online with you knuckleheads.
04-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #25
Veteran Member

After reading the following article, I decided to give Twitter a try:
Adorama Learning Center - A photographer's guide to Twitter

My Twitter page:
Heather Blanks (HeatherWB) on Twitter

Heather
04-06-2009, 06:04 PM   #26
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Jester_rm Quote
No, I don't twitter, or tweet, or IM, or whatever it's called these days. Honestly, I can hardly keep up with the few blogs and messgeboards that I do frequent. I've thought about starting a blog for more than a year now, but keep putting it off because I can't think of what I'd actually put in it, or who in the world would actually be interested in reading it.

My thoughts are exactly the same. I live quite the boring life. I work for a major retail chain and I used to want to post my daily work life somewhere. When I worked the day shift, I'd have all kinds of people to write about... those asking stupid questions, how people react in stores, etc. Kind of funny. Now that I'm working on the graveyard shift, not too much happens... every once in awhile you get the drunk people trying to buy alcohol when it's way past buying time, the kids that try to steal the alcohol and the weirdos in the long goth coats with chains that their girlfriends lead then around with... the usual stuff... lol
04-07-2009, 07:51 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
...the weirdos in the long goth coats with chains that their girlfriends lead then around with....
Someday they'll outgrow their conformist non-conformity, settle down, get married....and have their wives lead them around by a ring through their nose like the rest of us married guys.
04-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #28
Adorama Camera Representative

Adorama Camera Customer Service

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Anybody else using this inane social networking doohickey?

Post it here.

Mein.
Thank you so much for starting this thread; I laughed like a drain, especially at Mike's contributions......

I check into Twitter several times a day, to pick up statements like: "Adorama, where's my stuff???"
Trying to get to the bottom of a problem in 140 characters or less does my head in!

Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera
04-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #29
Veteran Member

i do linkedin, i do facebook. i avoided facebook for eons because i thought it was as juvenile as myspace, but ive mostly been surprised.

i set up twitter a few weeks ago, but its not too much fun, or i just don't get it's thing. and i dont like that, so far as i can tell, i cannot block people from following me....like my stalker exes.

facebook is sufficient.
04-08-2009, 03:48 AM   #30
Veteran Member

I guess I am an even "older" old fart than Peter Zack, and I just don't get the whole facebook and twitter craze. I don't want to be that connected to anyone -- unless she is really good looking and rich. I tolerate having a cell phone because my wife and kids insist on it.