Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #1
Veteran Member

I sincerely hope...

this video doesn't represent the view of the majority:YouTube - How to lose friends and alienate countries

03-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

That's certainly not a channel I watch. Honestly, even CNN repulses me now and I'll be glad when cable news has run its course. Hopefully FOX will be the first to die.
03-23-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Gotta love first amendment rights. Almost as bad as those anit-gay religious zelots that picket military funerals. Time for "the most power country in the universe" to have a long hard look at itself and it's abuse of the rights good men died to uphold.
03-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

TheStar.com | Canada | Fox News host apologizes

03-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JHfwp Quote
That's certainly not a channel I watch. Honestly, even CNN repulses me now and I'll be glad when cable news has run its course. Hopefully FOX will be the first to die.
Larger market share than CNN/MSNBC combined, so somebody is watching it.
03-23-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Larger market share than CNN/MSNBC combined, so somebody is watching it.
And that's sad.
03-23-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Expressing the anger I have for the idiots in this media clip would get me banned from the forum.

Here is a link to a story I expect most Americans are not aware of. I expect this is not a story Fox would carry.

CTV.ca | Bodies of fallen Canadian soldiers return home

03-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Sorry about that, Canadiens. If it's any consolation, most thinking folks south of the border here don't bother with Fox News, but Fox does have a locked-in fan base - those who still support the channel politically, and those that just enjoy the sensationalistic claptrap they peddle.

CNN, etc is getting bad also in the latter respect - a lot of hyped-up stories to feed the cycle. These channels' business models depend on manufactured crisis.

03-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
Inactive Account

It's humour, of course, and I guarantee you that if wrote to Fox that's what they'd say.

But the saddest thing is that there are people out there who are actually - un-ironically - agreeing with this. There was a reason for this, and that reason was that there is an audience for that kinda thing.

I apologise for us letting bloody Rupert Murdoch go.

It's not the first time someone from his family has knocked the military in the quest for ratings. His father actively campaigned (someone from Murdoch family campaigning politically for ratings? Say it ain't so!) to have Australia's greatest general - and some say the greatest commander of WWI - Sir John Monash removed from the post just because he was Jewish.

Having some brown-eyed, non-Christian in charge wouldn't gel with the idea of the blonde-haired, blue-eyed Aussie stereotype Murdoch Senior was trying cultivate to sell his stories.
03-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
SGT
Inactive Account

You can trust that 99.99999% of US citizens do not agree with these idiots, and I would say 99.99999% of those that work for Fox News channel feel the same. Canadians are our (the US) closest allies and the citizens of the US certainly appreciate the sacrifice of Canadians in Iraq, Afganistan, and anywhere else they stand shoulder to shoulder with us.

Take heart in knowing that that show probably has 3 viewers. It is on at 3am weekdays. I've turned to it a coulpe of times on sleepless nights and can't bear to watch it for more than 60 seconds, it is just awful. One of the great things about the 1st amendment is that it gives you the right to say what you want, but it doesn't exempt you from the concequences. I suspect Greg Gutfeld (the show's host) will be searching for employment soon. (Thank God, he is really awful).

That's my 2 cents worth...

Last edited by SGT; 03-24-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: incomplete sentence
03-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Sorry about that, Canadiens. If it's any consolation, most thinking folks south of the border here don't bother with Fox News, but Fox does have a locked-in fan base - those who still support the channel politically, and those that just enjoy the sensationalistic claptrap they peddle.

CNN, etc is getting bad also in the latter respect - a lot of hyped-up stories to feed the cycle. These channels' business models depend on manufactured crisis.

My daughter is an Assoc. Producer for the Washington Bureau of one of the networks. You wouldn't believe the decisions the EP's make to intentionally "shape" news to fit an agenda. Makes her journalistic bones hurt.

FWIW, everybody below the Exec Producer level at all the news stations wants to go to Fox because that's where the money is. There is no morality in any news organization - it's all ratings and selling ads.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-24-2009 at 08:42 PM.
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
graphicgr8s

Well ain't it a shame 'bout our short little memory
We never seem to learn the lessons of history
We keep making the same mistakes - over and over and over and over again
And then we wonder why we're in the shape we're in

Good ol' boys down at the bar
Peanuts and politics
They think they know it all
They don't know much of nothin'
Even if one of 'em was to read a newspaper, cover to cover
That ain't what's going on
Journalism dead and gone

These are the words from an Eagles song on "The Long Road Out of Eden"

Last edited by graphicgr8s; 03-25-2009 at 11:32 AM.
03-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #13
Site Supporter

For what its worth, some Canadian media outlets have said some inflammatory things regarding the U.S.
03-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #14
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
. . . If it's any consolation, most thinking folks south of the border here don't bother with Fox News, but Fox does have a locked-in fan base - those who still support the channel politically, and those that just enjoy the sensationalistic claptrap they peddle.

MSNBC is very stimulating . . .
03-24-2009, 09:54 PM   #15
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by KrisK10D Quote
Gotta love first amendment rights. Almost as bad as those anit-gay religious zelots that picket military funerals. Time for "the most power country in the universe" to have a long hard look at itself and it's abuse of the rights good men died to uphold.
What the bloody hell are you talking about?
Nothing there makes much sense.