Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A proud grandfather.

A great day yesterday...... I became a Grandfather for the 4th time. Only difference, the first three live interstate and we dont get to see them as often as we would like..
But this one is very close by.

Now how soon can I get a Pentax into his way of thinking

I may even put up a photo when I can. Of course getting a few shots is a top priority.

03-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
A great day yesterday...... I became a Grandfather for the 4th time. Only difference, the first three live interstate and we dont get to see them as often as we would like..

I may even put up a photo when I can. Of course getting a few shots is a top priority.
Well my I be the first to congratulate you!. Where's the first photo? Come on lets get with the program. Gotta have proud grandparents holding the baby pictures.

This ones for you and Pamela. Forget Damn Brit this time:
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congrats !!! I agree let's see some shots ! It's a whole new reason to justify a K20D and a whole bunch of new glass ! Congrats again Bruce.
03-25-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations!

Buy him a used Optio, 4-5 years old. Costs almost nothing, so no big harm if he happens to take it appart or drop it in a lake (or bath tube). Easy to use, he will see the picture directly. Got one (30 USD, 6 Megapixel) for my oldest girl for x-mas (seven years old) and she is already shooting birds, and the younger girl will get one this summer for birthday when she turns six (she is really jelous on her older sister for the camera).

Now, you probably will like to wait until he is 4-5 years old, but even kids at that age pick up rapidly how to use a simple camera. By then you will maybe even be able to pick up one of todays water proof Optio W... cheaply. Then you wont even have to worry if he drops it in the toilet ... unless he flush!

Me, I started with a Kodak Instamatic at the age of six, filled with BW film, which my father helped me to develope and copy. Still have the negatives.

03-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Now how soon can I get a Pentax into his way of thinking (snip)

Congrats, grandpa. And oh boy on the grandson living nearby. You now have all the time in the world to corrupt him into your way of thinking. Since I don't know of a teething version of the Pentax, I agree with Douglas that your grandson should have his first camera by the age of five or six. Until then, you'll have to take all the pictures - tough job, but someone has to do it.

stewart
03-26-2009, 03:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

congratulations, Bruce!
03-26-2009, 04:19 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Congradulation being a grandfather soon. Make sure to snap as many images as you can!

03-26-2009, 05:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Congrats Pop! It's good to add another Aussie to the planet.

It needs more Aussies
03-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
Veteran Member

congrats! time to see if the AF can keep up
03-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks all and no worries , plenty pictures on the way
03-29-2009, 05:00 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Congratulations Bruce.
03-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
Damn Brit

That's great Bruce, congratulations mate and my best to all the family.
03-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
graphicgr8s

So where are the pictures? We want pictures of the grandchild. Get with the program and get us pictures!

(I am just being mean. But I think all of us would like to see the little tike)

George
03-31-2009, 01:03 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Slip in a Km in the cot and forever he/she will be thinking of you

Oh and congrats to you and the family

cheers
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #15
Veteran Member

congrats Bruce! Nice to hear of the new addition, and very cool for you that they're close by.