Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2009, 06:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Update - on the good news ...

Well it is just over 2 weeks and there were so many positive comments from my last thread and perhaps even inspired a person or two . Rather than dig up the old thread https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-talk/54149-good-news-i-thought-i-would-share.html I thhought a new one was in order for the new me

To Recap - I turned 50 this year and was just over 260lbs. On Jan 4th I started working out (mostly for a trip to Mexico so I would not look quite like a walrus in the water) - I wanted to lose 20 lbs by then (6 weeks ) and I did (a little more than 20).

It has now been 11 weeks (excluding the two weeks in Mexico because the only workout I was doing there was drinking curls ) I had set a goal of 220 and today well I weighed in at 220.

So there ya go folks - you can do. I managed to lose over 40 lbs in 11 weeks. It was achieved with relatively minimal effort , at home. A combination of cardio and weights - it's never too late.

My wife wants to give all my fat clothes to my fat friends (ha-ha a bowflex commercial) - me I celebrated by indulging LBA and CBA. (see Pentax related!)

It's not over I have know I can easily balloon back up - but for today I am celebrating this milestone and plan to never see 260 again!

I know from the last thread others were in progress or wanted to start - I hope you update your status in this thread - it helps to share with others it makes it real.

Edit : Pat I am curious on your update were you the biggest loser ?

Last edited by daacon; 04-04-2009 at 08:44 AM.
04-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is excellent news! I'm happy for you. Go out and shoot a minimum of X pictures a day, that should help keep it down :-)
04-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

way to go!!!
04-07-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

awesome Dave! keep up the good work!

-Dan

04-07-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Guys - It is a battle and I am at a point where I need to switch things up - I now fluctuate between 220 and 225 which is still good - however I would really really like to see under 220. Spring is kinda here so I can get some outdoor activites - on the down side summer is comming and Beer Beer Beer hahaha.
04-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Damn Brit

Dave, I'm proud of you, now I know we're going to be friends for many years to come.
Just get to a weight you feel comfortable with.
04-07-2009, 11:07 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good stuff Dave, it never seems to come off as easy as it goes on either.....:ugh:

I gotta do more too, but hampered at the moment by a dodgy knee I had operated on last year....which the latest MRI now shows two (2) tears in the cartledge!!! Hasn't been a good twelve months physically....hernia op, knee op (re-injured) and tore my driver (thigh) muscle in half & off the bone up in the groin (osteo something or other), in a fall...all on my right side.

It'll all come good and then its back into some serious training to get fit for my ambition to walk the Grand Canyon from Rim to Rim....now that will take some serious thought as to which lens to pack/carry!!

Cheers mate, keep at it.
Grant

04-08-2009, 02:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Dave, good effort and congradulation on the effort. I know that you have been trying it really hard.

I am ashamed of myself that I made no difference to my weight due to compulsive eating
04-08-2009, 02:52 AM   #9

Way to go.I am having my own personal battle similar to yours.
I'd like to also recommend for your 50th to have a PSA test done. It saved my life!
Dennis
04-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Veteran Member

You da man, Dave! Keep it up!

I'm in a similar situation - have been fluctuating all over the place. If I can find a gym partner to keep me accountable, I'm fine. But they come and go - when there's nobody around for support, I get lazy...
04-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
It'll all come good and then its back into some serious training to get fit for my ambition to walk the Grand Canyon from Rim to Rim....now that will take some serious thought as to which lens to pack/carry!!
Is the lens for taking pictures or working out?

if #1, 31ltd
if #2, BIGMA

04-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You're smokin' buddy - soon you'll have so many women following you, you'll need police protection.

Jer
04-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Song_hm, Dave and Dan - thanks, I apperaciate the kudo's

Gary - thanks - trouble is I am comfortable at many weights

Grant - I feel for ya - it starts with one step - but the key is it has to start - have a great time at the Canyon !

James - I think if you want to do it , you can - it's never too late to start.

Driver3 - thanks I am due for a 'checkup' there is no doubt.

OregonJim - I hear ya - I use to work out at a gym years ago for a short period of time - lost my partner - paid for the next 12 months and cancelled the membership. Now I do it at home.

Jer - haha I have all the woman I can handle with my lovley and talented wife - my day has come and gone I let the kids take over that department now (19 year old daughter and 17 year old boy)
04-08-2009, 10:10 PM   #14
Damn Brit

I'm getting myself in shape. This week I'm the shape of a sack of potatoes.
04-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Congratulations Dave. 40lbs is an excellent effort...well done, young fella.
Keep at it, set new goals and you'll be under the 220lbs in no time.