Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2009, 02:25 PM   #16
Damn Brit

I think you should get the black.

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sure Gary.

Right after I buy the FA Limiteds

104 weeks . 43 down - you'll be waiting a while for the canceled postage stamp.

BTW, should I get silver or black?

(its a joke, son)

04-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Starbucks bashing makes me angry.

You won't like me when I'm angry.
04-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #18
Damn Brit

Hey, get back to Canon land.
04-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Any chance you could put my address and a stamp on that envelope?
Oh! come on, don't be a cheapskate, send him the stamp.

04-06-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
Veteran Member

They don't like me there!
04-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #21
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
They don't like me there!
It's worth coming back to Pentax just for the level of tolerance.
04-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #22
Inactive Account

If you are gonna drink coffee, and if you want all kinds of flavored syrups using high fructose corn syrup as a sweetener added to your coffee, and if the milk from cows is unhealthy enough that you feel compelled to put genetically engineered soy milk in your coffee, and if you are so addicted to the coffee drink concoction of your design that you need the store selling it to you to have 250 locations scattered all over a city of 500,000 residents; then that cup of coffee is gonna cost between $3.00 to $7.00 per 16-20 oz. cup..Depending how many add-ons to the basic price are desired by the customer..

It is the exact same thing as eating out at a restaurant..How much do you think the ingredients on a plate of food that is priced at $39.99 that is served at a fine dining restaurant actually costs??..In most cases approximately 25% of the cost of the entree as it is listed on the menu..The balance of the 75% of the entrees cost goes to pay mostly for the salaries of the 10-20 people responsible for purchasing the foods , putting away the food stuffs, prepping the foods, cooking the foods, waiting on the tables, bussing the tables, washing the dishes, making your cocktails, serving your wines, and managing the whole shebang..

The same holds true for Starbucks, and all of its imitators..Most of that $5.50 cup of coffee's price goes into the rent and salaries to have tens of thousands of locations scattered across the United States..

Before I stopped drinking coffee I would pay $30.00 per pound over the internet for Jamaican Blue Mountain whole coffee beans..Worth every penny of their high price..I kept them frozen in a flip-top canister with a silicone seal..I brewed up small pots of coffee at a time, no more than 4- 8 oz. cups..I drank NO more than 2 cups of this coffee per day, black, with no adulterants..What I did not drink immediately, I refrigerated in a vacuum sealed container for the following day(s)..

I found out as I aged that 1-2 incredibly great tasting cups of coffee per morning was WAY better than 10-15 cups of mediocre coffee consumed from the time I got out of bed until the time I retired to bed to sleep..

I came to understand that coffee is a drug, just like nicotine, heroin, cocaine, etc..Perhaps not as addictive as narcotics, but a drug nonetheless..I limited myself to drinking it in the AM, and quit drinking it after 12 noon..Eventually, after being a coffeeholic for more than 25 years, I quit drinking it altogether..I thought that I would miss it terribly, but after almost 3 years not drinking coffee, I find that I do not miss it one bit..

Bruce

04-06-2009, 03:32 PM   #23
Damn Brit

Damn it Bruce, why did you have to ruin a perfectly mundane discussion with facts, figures and logic.
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #24
graphicgr8s

Bruce, you mean it's not because they use estate grown beans?
04-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Haven't had Tim's coffee in over 10 years, but that was some good stuff then.
04-06-2009, 06:09 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
$? for bottled water I have around anyway. I know "it's a scam blah blah" but our water is extremely hard and I don't want it gumming up my machine.
We have hard water too, I usually have to clean the coffee machine out about every month and a half. I use white vinegar and water and run it through. Works real good.
04-06-2009, 11:25 PM   #27
Veteran Member

I miss living on Lake Michigan when I could put tap water through the Brita and drink all the water I want for like $5 a month...

One of these days I'll clean mine with vinegar Just never got around to it

Also one of these days I'm going to get an Aerobie Aeropress...one of these days
04-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #28
Veteran Member

I don't drink coffee. Problem pretty much solved.
04-07-2009, 12:44 AM   #29
Veteran Member

just about every noght i go to a coffee shop (not starbucks) and for a medom cup it cost me $1.75 the coffee is ok but i am not there for the coffee i am there becuse i like the people that go there i think that is worth the $$$$$
04-07-2009, 01:40 AM   #30
Forum Member

1.77$ that's really cheap. I pay something about 2.30$ for a cup of coffee at "Coffee In" but it's not too often. Mostly i drink coffee in office, and that's allmost free)

QuoteQuote:
Cigarettes @ $5.24 for the pack. Now, that's really dumb.
Yep. A pack of my cigarettes costs me about 2.62$ and thats is really expensive and dumb. But i allmost have no choice, it's really hard to quit. Smokers will agree with me. But if i quit now, it will give me 80$ of pure economy per month in average. And that's a great stimulus.