Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
The XTi and XSi are the same size and made out of the same cheap creaky plastic. ... Buy a flash!!!
Modern plastic has many advantages in machining and fabrication. A flash is not very useful in the majority of instances. I'd keep the Tamron, though.

04-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Modern plastic has many advantages in machining and fabrication. A flash is not very useful in the majority of instances. I'd keep the Tamron, though.
True, it does. Nothing beats a magnesium body though. I told the OP to buy a flash because I'm under the impression that he thinks the IS kit lens will do better in low light than the Tamron. I'm guessing he has a blur issue with low shutter speeds. A bounced flash will help with his Tamron lens.
04-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Thumper Quote
Dude, the XSi is still an entry level "plastic" camera. Atleast the Pentax had weather seals. You should have gone for a 30d/40d/50d or k10d/k20d. Thats right I forgot, you sold your solidly built magnesium bodied 30d that shot at 5 fps with great high ISO performance and superior IQ. I can guarantee that in a months time after the plastic loosens up and starts creaking you will be crying and selling it. How much money have you lost since you started buying camera equipment anyway???
as long as he's happy w/ his kit does it really matter?
04-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
as long as he's happy w/ his kit does it really matter?
Of course it does. Arguments is all I've seen on this forum lately.