Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #1

New Voigtlaender camera

Voigtlaender - Garantiert gute Fotos!

Check the new folding camera! Available in spring 2009.

If I could only have some cash for it.... I have been dreaming of medium format rangefinder for ages. It has always remained a bit out of reach, since investing in one camera system is costly enough. Would be really nice for landscape photography.

04-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

you just linked the home page...

this is the link

http://www.voigtlaender.de/cms/voigtlaender/voigtlaender_cms.nsf/id/pa_fdih7jzjul.html
04-09-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

a lot of hype about it on the internet, but the price is hard to take. it's pegged at ~$2200.
a renovated folder should not cost more than $400.
04-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #4

Original Poster
yep, the price is very high, but it's all relative.

Used Fuji ga 645 rangefinders go for 300-400 euros on Ebay and a lot better Fuji 690 (larger format!) around double that price. Mamiya rangefinders (7 II, etc.) are close to 1000 without a lens (and when in good condition) or around 1500 with one. So the Voigtlaender price is not that much higher it will drop, once available.

Anyway, still out of my price range. There is a lot of Pentax stuff high on my priority list and so I try to squeeze a cheaper Fuji or TLR camera into my budget.

04-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
you just linked the home page...

this is the link

Voigtlaender - Die offizielle Homepage - Bessa III Mittelformatkamera
And for those that are "German challenged":

Voigtlaender - Bessa III

Steve

(The English version, unfortunately, is not a translation of the German text, but the important parts are there!)