Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Beware of Scam

I got these e-mails from a bogus company. Phoned them and realized that this is another fraud..Beware:

Hello ,

Hope you are having a great time?

Your profile was seen and scrutinized on Creativeshake.com - Home Page for Artists, Photographers, Illustrators, Graphic Design and I am emailing to seek your interest on a 7 day Photo-Shoot session which is billed to start

27th April 2008 here in the United Kingdom.

This Job is put together by NOKIA MOBILE TELECOM, if you are interested, email me back on faithcasting.world@live.com for all the detailed info.

Best Regards,
Aaron James.
Faith Casting World.

and the following letter to me....

Hello ,

Thanks for showing interest to be part of this Job, below are all the details you need.

This session is being put together by NOKIA MOBILE TELECOM UK who are launching some of their new products into the UK Market and like you already know it is for 7 days.

For this Job,NOKIA MOBILE TELECOM UK which is the Client wants just foreign/International Photographers for the shoot and we are the appointed Agency who has been saddled with the responsibility of providing a few International Photographers which is why you were contacted.

The contract sum for this Job is 45,000 Pounds which is accrued to you as an International Photographer, a daily allowance of 150 Pounds and a 1,900 Pounds for all your travel arrangement since you will be required to book your round trip ticket yourself at any airline of your choice.

All you are required to provide for this Job are a VALID PASSPORT, A UK WORK PERMIT and A UK PHOTOGRAPHY LICENSE (from the British Home Office here in the UK), that is if you have never had a paid Job in the UK.

For this Job you will be required to work with the Home based Models that will be contracted. This shoot will take place in very choice and picturesque Locations such as beaches, hilltops and fashionable parks and environs.

You are to know that all your traveling expenses will also be covered by NOKIA MOBILE TELECOM and you will also receive an upfront payment of 50% as soon as you acquire the needed documents that will stand as proof that you will really honor the contract.

Kindly note this Job is billed to kick off 27th April 2009 so we require your utmost dedication and allegiance but if the timing does not suit you, just let me know.
All the needed state of the art Photography equipments will be provided by the Client.
Let me know if you require any other info.

Regards,
Aaron James.
+447045765852
Home.

04-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #2
Damn Brit

The date of 2008 would be a dead giveaway.
04-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Scam after first word with extra space before comma. As with the other "scam" thread, they would use your name if they really "found" you.
04-14-2009, 03:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sloppy scammers, where's the request for banking and credit card details so they can, for a minor funds transfer, provide all the appropriate reimbursements for expenses. They should lift their game.

04-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #5
Banned

Hello to all,

I am model and have been contacted too.
There was given no name when I called and when I see this I'm a little confused.
The have got a licence number such as the company they mention (not the same number offcourse).
The ammount in my "contract" is the same ammount as the one in your contract/ mail.

What is similar too, is that you first have to arrange an appartment before comming.

How did you found out that it was concerning a fraude?
Even if they have a licence number wich is registered?

Moddeling world isn't always sunshine, but this is really weird.

Hope to get a reply soon.

Kind regards