Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I'm making a website to go with my nick.

I'm not there yet. I will be done in a couple of month's, I need my K20D(shipped to repair).

Does the layout look familiar? What do you think?
Those two grey areas are there for pictures etc.

04-19-2009, 01:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

what's w/ the gap b/n the links at the top middle?
as well, your logo doesn't really match well w/ the font of the rest of the site
04-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
It's a working progress. I have sent mail to Pentax UK, it's best to ask if this is okey before I do some more work on it.

I have used Helvetica Neue on everything. I have used free transform on the logo.

The plan is to have an image of my K20D and when you hoover over the buttons on the K20D, images will show on the LCD screen. Push the "play" button and my gallery will show etc.

As I said, it's under working progress. Only started today.
04-21-2009, 02:17 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Got answer from Pentax UK. I have some new ideas

QuoteQuote:
Dear Mr "NorthPentax"

Thank you for your recent email on this matter. I’m afraid we would not approve of your proposal to establish a website that looks like pentatx.com. Even though you intend to use different fonts etc., any consumer visiting your site would assume you are representing the PENTAX brand. I of course am not suggesting that you will not operate the site other than in a completely above board and honourable way, but any potential issues you make experience could well put our brand name at risk. We would of course be very happy for your support in promoting PENTAX and our products on your site, as long as our brand does not appear as an element of your website address.

Thank you for taking the trouble to contact us. I hope you understand our position in this matter.